Chapter Forty-Seven

A/N
   Happy New Year!!!!

   Sorry, this is up a little late but it needed to be perfect! So please enjoy!

*~* Marc Weiland's POV *~*

“There’s no fucking way,” I exclaim looking from Phil than to Jess, “no one’s that stupid.”

They confirm it again and I lean back on the couch, dumbfounded. 

Wow.

Corey had hauled me off after the meeting to help him finish up a new project he’s working on and we came back to chaos. Axel let us know that Sang’s crappy sister was having her baby so we camped out in the living room to wait for news. 

Phil and Jess came down surprisingly soon after we sat down to let us know that Marie took that sketch cure. 

Just wow.

That girl is beyond something else.

Who the hell takes a drug- while pregnant mind you- without knowing what the heck it is.

“Has there been any repercussions?” Axel asks and everyone looks over to Phil. I don’t know about them but I’m slightly dreading the answer.

“I don’t know yet. Marie has an elevated fever which could have been caused by the birth but nothing seems out of the norm.” The sound of someone coming down the stairs breaks the silent tense and we turn just as Erica appears in the archway. “How’s the baby?” Phil inquires.

“She looks great from what I can tell,” she says, which lowers some of my stress levels. “I still have to do a few more tests and get her weight, but ultimately she looks completely healthy. Which leads to my discovery that the baby looks full term. Marie got her due date wrong so that takes one problem from us.”

“Does Sang still have the baby?” Jess asks, leaving a few of us confused. 

“Yeah, Marie is very adamant about not wanting the baby.” My mouth drops, astonished that anyone would refuse their baby. “I’m going to get some of the formula we have and take it up to her.”

Erica heads off towards the kitchen and Phil uses our impromptu gathering to get Corey to discuss his new project. He goes into length describing his plan to install motion sensor cameras around the entire perimeter that’ll run off solar panels. 

Though, the conversation stops instantly when this loud scraping noise vibrates the ceiling above us.

“What the fuck is that?” Brandon’s question goes unanswered for several seconds until we hear Erica shouting for help.

We’re all on our feet and racing towards the stairs with Raven and Axel leading the way since they were closer. I’m almost out of breath once we reach the hallway and see Erica slamming her fist against the bedroom door I think leads to her room.

“Sang’s in there,” she gasps, her face pale with terror, “I heard someone screaming before they moved something in front of the door.” 

Someone cries out behind the door before something hits the floor. Raven moves Erica away and begins slamming his shoulder against the wood. I can hear it splintering under his weight when another, louder sound of something hits the floor.

My heart beats erratically listening to what can only be fighting happening inside the room, and I desperately watch Raven try breaking his way in. The door finally gives under his assault only to be stopped by whatever was pushed in front of it. Another cry almost brings tears to my eyes as Axel joins Raven as they kick in the door, trying to force the large object to move.