Chapter Forty-Eight

A/N
Sorry for the very late update. I don't have a good excuse for it other than I suck. I just used up what little free time I've had recently to read. Sorry guys...

*~* Lucian (Luke) Taylor's POV *~*

I swipe my thumbs across her soft cheeks, clearing away the tears as I lean my head down to touch my forehead against her's.

It's her, I forcibly tell myself.

You can smell her.

Feel her.

Hear her.

This is the real Sang.

For months I've had a hard time distinguishing between my imagination and reality. Anyone with blonde hair turned into my Cupcake. Every time the smell of sweet fruit passes me I think she's somewhere nearby. Even my reflection once had me believing I was seeing my beautiful girl standing right in front of me.

Owen told me it was my mind's way of dealing with what's happened but it's made me second guess my reality so many times that the others have to tell me if something is real or not.

"You're truly here," she whispers as her body slightly trembles within my hold. My own trembles wreck havoc on my system as I tighten my arms around her and gently lift her. Forcing her to wrap her legs around my waist as I tuck her head against my shoulder.

"I'm here," I say to reinforce her reality just as much as mine as I bury my face into her neck and breathe in her soft scent of sweet berries.

Sang pulls her head back so that she can face me and ask, "how are you here right now? Your message said that you guys were just going to check the wall before contacting us again tomorrow night."

"That was the original plan," I explained as I reluctantly set her down on her feet again. "Whoever built that wall has these automatic guns along the top of the structure. We checked every inch but couldn't find a way past them."

"Bu..." I teasingly place my finger against her lips to stop her interruption. Her green eyes sparkle before her cute little giggles bubble out. My heart skips a beat hearing that sweet sound for the first time in months and I can't help myself.

I lean down and seal my lips to hers.

Sang gasps but just as quickly threads her fingers inside my long hair. I can feel her fisting her hands within the strands then using the tight grip to pull me impossible closer.

I need more.

Always more.

My hands drift down to her thighs where my fingers dig into her jean-clad legs and I lift her back up. Her legs lock around my waist as her fingers release my hair and she drags her nails along my scalp, sending tingles dancing down my spine.

Goosebumps dot along my arms from the new forceful actions coming from my once shy little Cupcake and I can't get enough of her.

I swipe my tongue along the seam of her lips and taste the salt from her earlier tears mixed with that subtle taste of strawberries that's wholly Sang. A long groan vibrates my throat, tasting that sweetness I've been addicted to since my first taste.

Sang doesn't hesitate like she used to.

She immediately opens for me and I drive right in, needing to satisfy my unending craving for my Cupcake. Her fingers fist within my hair again and she uses it to pull my head back more. I melt on the inside as my girl gains control of the kiss and finally takes what she wants from me.