Nathan's/Sean's A-Report

(Edited)

*~*Nathan Griffin's POV*~*

I just stare down at the burner phone still lying in Kota's open hand, once again having gone silent on us. The rage that's been slowly burning inside my chest finally just burst out in a loud growling sound.

Turning away from my brothers, I stomp over to the far wall and slam my fist through the drywall. A mix of dust and chunks fall to the ground as I pull my hand free, only to slam it through the wall again.

Unfortunately, the pain in my chest still overpowers the throbbing coming from my hand so I pull my hand free once again and go to punch another hole, only for my fist to stop a breath away from the wall.

"Nathan, that's enough," Doc whispers to me from my right side. I blink away the red haze that started dominating my vision and glance over to see Doc's hand gripping my arm, preventing me from hitting the wall again. I follow the length of his arm up to his green eyes to see them missing their usual laughter. Now, they've darkened from pain with a ring of red made from unshed tears.

"What do we do now?" I demand desperately as the rage drains from my body.

"We trust her," he tells me as he pulls my hand closer to his face to inspect the damage I just caused. He huffs at me when he finds two of the knuckles have split open but just lets my hand drop to my side. "Pookie made us a promise, and since when has she ever broken one?" I look back into his eyes to see determination fighting back against the pain.

"Never," I say just above a whisper.

"Then it's pointless to doubt her now." His voice carries within the room, making me notice that my other brothers are now watching us silently. "We trust her to be there just like she's trusting us to find her."

His words finally ignite my own determination that fully pulls me from my suffocating rage and fear, allowing me to focus on what we need to be doing now.

"Dr. Green is right gentlemen." Mr. B walks to the center of the room and looks at each one of us in the eyes, commanding our full attention. "She has proven time and time again that she can handle herself. Our primary focus needs to be on getting out of California without alerting anyone."

"For right now," Kota adds in, "we have all the essentials from transportation to fake IDs." At the mention of the IDs Victor lays out our new identities on the small table beside the couch.

"They won't hold up under close inspection, but they'll give us some time to get out if something goes wrong," Victor tells us as we pick up the ones with our picture on it.

"I've spoken to the Martin team here in Los Angeles and they are already working on helping us get out of California," Mr. B informs us as he absentmindedly runs his hand down his tie. "I've also spoken with the Sanders team in Texas and the Volkov team in Georgia for additional help as we make our way home."

I catch Mr. B's hand rise again to smooth out his tie, but I have to do a double-take when he starts loosening the knot at the base of his throat.

We all watch in silence as he yanks off his black tie before tossing it on the back of Victor's chair. Next, he takes off his dark gray suit jacket, which joins the tie, and beings to roll up the sleeves to his white bottom up.

Holy shit, what's happening?

"Is everything ready?" Mr. B questions, breaking the stunned spell the rest of us are under as we watch him become less than perfect.

"Yes," Kota answers, "everything's already in the SUV."

"Then let's go."

*~* Dr. Sean Green's POV *~*

Seeing Owen finally removing that stick that's been firmly planted up his butt since we were kids is something I've only dreamed of.

I just wish Pookie got to see it.

Her sparkling green eyes invade my thoughts, causing my chest to tighten in pain.

Rubbing my hand over my chest, I follow my brothers out of the safe house and lock the door behind me since I am the last one out.

We're all silent as we follow the little stone path around the front of the townhouse that belongs to someone from the Academy and to the parking space off to the side. Somehow, Nathan and Kota were able to find an SUV large enough for all nine of us to squeeze into, but couldn't really figure out where.

Doesn't matter, just as long as it gets me to my Pookie, I think with a shrug of my shoulders while I watch North hop into the driver's seat. Owen tells Silas to take the passenger's, allowing more room in the back, then points to Kota, Luke, Gabriel, and myself to climb into the third row of seats.

I make sure to get a spot next to Gabe with Luke on the other side so that we can keep an eye on him.

Finding out that Pam didn't make it sent Gabe into a panic attack, and even though I hated it, I had to give him a mild sedative. It wasn't strong enough to put him to sleep, but it did help to calm him down.

It looks like it's still working since he hasn't started panicking again, but that doesn't mean he won't shut down on us.

Glancing over to Luke, I send him a look, silently telling him my worries over Gabe, and he just mirrors my expression as he looks from me to his best friend.

After a few moments, Luke looks back to me and motions with his eyes to look down at his hand where he starts signing, going letter by letter so he isn't too obvious.

'He'll be okay given some time.' I give him a small nod, feeling a little better, but I'm still worried about what'll happen until that time comes.

His Trouble might be the only one that'll fully bring him back from this.

So, we'll keep him going until then.