Meeting Loki

I walk down the steps into the basement and see Loki sitting cross-legged on the bed reading a book. The entire cell is made of this reinforced glass that can contain the Hulk, as well as contain magic within the cell, so if Loki did use magic he could do things like illusions and changing appearance but he couldn't use magic to escape, or get into anyone's head.
This is the first time I've seen his face properly without the muzzle and honestly, he's beautiful. High cheekbones, sharp jawline, baby pink lips and just flawless skin. Honestly, I'm jealous of just how flawless his skin is. I don't know what they use on Asgard but I need it.

Sam and Clint are leaning on the wall just talking amongst themselves and I nod at them to let them know they could leave and Sam pats me on the shoulder and says "Good luck with this one Safie, bundle of laughs he is."
Loki shoots him a glare and Sam just laughs as he and Clint go back upstairs.

"Hey Loki, um I'm Safie... are those books okay? I didn't know what you'd want to read so I got my Shakespeare books, Thomas Hardy poems and I couldn't think of anything else but if there is anything let me know and I can get it for you..."
I can feel myself turning red as I'm just rambling on.
"Safie..." He purrs. "What is the Avengers thought process behind sending a pretty little thing like you down here? You must be pretty dangerous." He asks with a husky voice, raising an eyebrow at me.
"Oh Loki, you have no idea." I reply, mimicking his tone and he seems taken back by it, not speaking for a few minutes.
"Thank you for the books, I like Shakespeare. And um thanks for the bed too, I appreciate it." He says, breaking the silence and staring at me with a bemused look on his face.
"No worries! I wouldn't be able to be here all day and night with you just sitting on the cold floor."
"I never feel the cold anyway but being more comfortable is nice. So... mortal girl, why did they pick you to do this?"
"Oh um well mortal isn't the best way to describe me, but do what? Babysit you? Honestly I don't know." I fumble over my words.
"Can you cease with this babysitting talk?!" He shouts before quickly softening his tone again.  "I'm more than a thousand years old. I do not need a babysitter."
"Wooooow grandad, I thought Steve and James were old." I wink at him.
Loki rolls his eyes and I see him trying not to smile, which puts me at ease a bit that we've broken the ice. Ever so slightly.

Loki goes back to reading and I make myself comfortable on my new bed and turn on the tv that Vision managed to set up for me. I put on Netflix and scroll through for ages trying to pick something to watch, most things on my list I'm either watching with Peter or Bucky so I can't watch any of those otherwise they'd kill me. Well, Bucky would anyway, Peter would probably just be sad.
American Horror Story - Bucky, Lucifer - Bucky, Vampire diaries - Peter, Riverdale - Peter. I don't know what to put on that I can watch and potentially Loki might be interested in...
Oh, I've heard 'You' is good? Maybe Loki would like it too... fuck it I'll put that on.

About twenty minutes into the first episode I glance over at Loki and he is transfixed to the screen, his book forgotten about on his lap and he's sat forward just staring at the tv. I can't help but laugh a little, which snapped him out of his trance and he caught me giggling at him.

"What are you laughing at earth girl?" He snaps.
"No nothing, I just didn't expect you to be so interested in the show I'm watching." I say trying to hide my amusement.
"Well, I've read 'Macbeth' a hundred times before, and although I never tire of the literary works of Shakespeare, I have to admit this strange little show you've put on has captured my attention."
"Yeah it's captured mine too, I've never seen it before but I heard it was good! I'll make sure not to watch any episodes without you then if you like it too."
I smile over at him and he seems so taken aback by what I said.
"Oh. Um, yes okay. I'd like to watch it with you then."
He shyly smiles at me and my heart just melts.
"Do you want any snacks or a drink Loki? I have chocolate and popcorn for snacks and water, apple juice or cola to drink?" He studies me, confusion washing over his face.
"I've never had any of that except for water and apple juice."
"What?! You've never had chocolate? What do you have for snacks on Asgard??"
"Grapes and nuts mainly."
"Well, that sure explains the bitterness. Here, try some of this."