Outing

I wake up reasonably late the next morning, stretching loudly in bed, I finally feel well rested. Which, you'd hope I would considering I slept for thirteen hours last night and only one mild nightmare. Win.

I hop out of bed and jump in the shower, trying to wash away the nerves I could feel bubbling in my stomach, knowing tomorrow morning I'll be travelling to Asgard and meeting Odin and Frigga.
I try and dismiss the feeling, focusing on how good I felt today. I decide to do my makeup, keeping it light and natural but with my classic dark red lip tint.
I remember Loki saying I didn't really need to pack much for Asgard as they'll provide everything for me but I still decide to pack a small bag with my underwear, makeup and my green satin pyjamas. Satisfied that should be enough, I get dressed for the day, opting for black skinny jeans, a simple black crop top and my Doc Martens.

I walk down to the kitchen, humming to myself as I start to make a coffee, that for once, I don't actually feel I need to survive.
"Morning doll, you're looking chipper this morning." Bucky smiles.
"Chipper? Damn Barnes, you really are old." I wink and he rolls his eyes at me.
"You were asleep so long I thought you were in a coma. Nearly came upstairs to make sure you weren't dead." He teases, eyes sparkling. "Do you have any plans for today?"
"'Ha ha. You're so funny. And no I don't think so, why?"
"Good. Finish you're coffee I have a surprise planned." He smirks and refused to tell me anything else.

As we go to leave through the front door, I sling my backpack over my shoulder and he chucks a helmet at me.
"Bike?!" I squeal and he laughs, nodding his head and I sprint outside and over to his motorbike.
He hands me one of his leather jackets and helps me put my helmet on. I'm grinning like the fucking Cheshire Cat as he flys down the streets of New York, my arms wrapped around his waist.

Bucky weaved effortlessly in and out of New York traffic, the muscles on his back flexing under his shirt whenever he revved his engine and his cologne, oh his cologne, blowing backwards towards me in the wind.
Why does he always smell so good?

I kept my eyes closed for most of the journey, just snuggled tight against Bucky's back.
When the bike softly rolled to a stop I felt Bucky kick down the kickstand and he turned his head to me whilst he took off his helmet.
"We're here doll." His voice silky soft in my ear.
I take off my helmet and slowly blink my eyes open as I get off the bike, excitement bubbling up when I saw where we were.
"Oh my god! Bucky! Are you serious?!" I grin at him like a child and he lets out a small laugh.
"I thought you might like it, have you been here before?"
"No! Never this one, I've been to a couple back home."
"I haven't been here either, but I booked it yesterday after our walk." He smiled down at me and I wrap him in a big hug.

He drapes his arm over my shoulder, my hand reaching up and lacing my fingers with his as we walk towards the big sign: 'BronxZoo'.
The ticket lady greeted us warmly, and when I say us, I mean Bucky. She was all smiles and twinkly eyes whilst talking to him, I'm almost certain she knew who he was. I was biting my lip trying not to laugh, Bucky noticed when he looked down at me and he too had to try to stop himself from laughing. She handed him our tickets and on the receipt we saw that she'd scribbled her number on it. Without a seconds hesitation Bucky crumpled up the receipt and threw it into the bin next to the ticket office, a slight smirk on his lips.
"Bucky! That's so rude!" I hiss at him, knowing she was watching us.
"What?! I don't want her number!" He whispered back.

We stroll over to the monkey enclosures, giggling as we watched them play and jump around.
"They kinda remind me of the kid." Bucky laughs.
"Peter?!"
"C'mon you can't tell me you don't see it. Look how excited they all are, literally bouncing off the walls. He does the same whenever he has a coffee."
I burst out laughing and Bucky had a smug smile plastered on his face as he pulled out his phone to video the monkeys.
"I'm gonna send it into the group chat and call him out." He grins.
Moments later we get a stream of responses, mainly from Peter.