Training

Between all the crying and the relentless nightmares, I wake up completely fucking drained.

I shuffle my way downstairs and start making a very large pot of coffee, completely oblivious to anything around me.

That was until I heard a shrill laugh. I roll my eyes not even bothering to turn around, knowing exactly who would be behind me.

"Goodbye Jamesy." She says with an annoying whine in her voice. I swallow down the lump in the back of my throat, not sure if it's more tears threatening to start, or vomit.
"Yeah. Bye Chantelle." James grunts.
"It's Cindy you silly goose!" She says laughing and I have to stifle a laugh myself at not only Bucky forgetting her name, but also him being called a silly goose. The Winter Soldier, a trained ruthless killer, a silly goose.

As I hear the front door click shut I can't stop myself laughing, despite my exhaustion and the knot in my stomach.

"Don't." Bucky warns, voice stern.
"Have a good night Jamesy?" I tease.
"Evidently better than yours, you look like a raccoon." He says bluntly.
I look down instantly, tears stinging my eyes.
"Nice one Buck." I whisper.

He goes to say something but I walk away, clutching my coffee, and sit on the sofa.
He follows me over to the living room and flops down onto the sofa opposite me.
"Don't forget we have training in an hour." He says plainly.
"Yeah about that, I'm good." I mutter, staring at my cup.
"Yeah about that, I don't give a shit. See you in an hour." He stands and walks out of the living room.
"FUCK SAKES!" I shout and I hear him snicker before he closes his bedroom door. Asshole.

I finish my coffee and trudge back upstairs to my room, slamming the door.

I brush my teeth and pull my tangled hair up into an unintentional messy ponytail before pulling on some black tracksuit bottoms. Trying to decide what top to wear I suddenly remember my sweatshirt and smirk to myself.

I put on my Laufeyson sweatshirt, feeling proud of my petty ass, and head towards the training room.
I see Bucky stretching by a wall, wearing tight grey joggers and a muscle fit black t-shirt. Fuck me, he looks good.
Instantly regretting my outfit choice but knowing it's too late to change, I straighten my back trying to convey some sense of confidence as I stride over to him.

He turns around hearing my footsteps, clenching his jaw when he looks at my sweatshirt. I just look him in the eyes, matching his stoic expression, trying not to throw up.
"Ready?" He grunts and I nod at him.

We spar, same as usual. Then when I thought of Chantelle or Cindy or whatever the fuck her name was, I felt rage bubble up in my stomach and I attacked him at full force, knocking him over. A surprised look washes over his usual blank expression as I leap behind him and hold his head in a choke hold, not even realising how hard I was squeezing until he starts hitting the floor and I let go suddenly, pulling back, making his head hit the ground.

"Fuck Safie!" He gasps, hands rubbing his throat. "Where'd that come from?!"
"Don't know. Maybe the coffee finally hit." I shrug.
He frowns at me, unable to read his expression, I assume it was a 'that's bullshit' look but just to be sure I opt for his mind instead. Staring him in the eyes.

*Jesus Christ. Who knew she was this strong? She's never been like this in training before... it can't be over last night, can it?*

I roll my eyes and get to my feet. Bucky staggers up and stands in front of me again, ready to go.
We train and train and train. Both dripping in sweat. Everytime I think of last night I just see red, fighting him with everything I have.
Steve walks in just as I'm dragging Bucky back by the throat with a baton and his jaw drops seeing his enhanced friend gasping for air.