Making amends

The next morning I wake early, thanks to a nightmare, and I quickly go upstairs before Loki wakes up because I really can't face talking to him right now. As I get to the kitchen I see Bucky slumped over the breakfast bar, he's wearing light grey joggers and a tight fit white t-shirt and honestly, he looks too good.

I walk over to where he's sat and sit down next to him.
"Morning Barney, you okay?"
"Hmm? Oh morning Doll. I'm okay, just a rough night of it. How are you? Do you feel better today? How did you sleep?"
"I'm sorry... I know how much it sucks. You could've texted me. I'm okay, I haven't spoken to him yet. And between struggling to fall asleep and nightmares, I can't say I got much sleep either." I smile at him and he reciprocates with the warmest smile.
"I've pretty much only just made the coffee if you want a cup? I'm going on a run after this if you wanna join me? I find it helps."
"Coffee would be amazing, thank you Buck. And I'd love to go on a run with you but I can't because someone has to keep an eye on the douchebag downstairs."
"Steve's up, I'm sure he won't mind. I'll text him."

I walk round the counter and pour myself a massive cup of coffee and drink half before I get back to my seat next to Bucky.

"He said he'd happily take over for a couple hours, he knows first hand how awful Loki can be."
I say nothing, just weakly smile at him before downing the rest of my coffee.
"Okay Barnes I'm gonna go get changed and I'll be down in ten."

He smiles at me as I go to my room to get ready. I brush my teeth, tie my hair up into a messy bun, put on my black gymshark leggings and sports bra and my grey Adidas running shoes. I head back down to the kitchen and I see Steve go downstairs to where Loki is so I shout a quick thank you to him and he salutes in response. Bucky's waiting by the front door for me and I mentally prepare myself for a run with a super soldier.

As if he was the one that could read minds, he turns to me and says that we don't need to run and we could just go for a walk instead and I breathe a major sigh of relief.

We walked for around two hours in total just talking about anything and everything and as we headed back towards the compound I realised that I'd never actually been out of the compound just me and Bucky.

"Hey Buck?"
"Yes Doll?"
"We've never hung out like this before, it's been really nice."
"We haven't have we? Well, I'd like to do it more often. It's nice to get out of the compound and just talk to you."
I just grin up at him and catch myself looking into his eyes for a bit too long. I don't know how I never really paid attention to how good he looks before. Like sure, I knew he was hot, I'm not blind. I just never paid much attention to it, every single one of The Avengers are stupidly attractive so I guess you stop noticing after a while but James Barnes is definitely stunning. Six feet tall, muscular, dark shaggy hair, deep blue eyes, square jaw and boy when he has stubble it's something else.
"Doll? You okay? You've zoned out a bit." He looks at me quizzically.
"Hmm? Oh! Yeah no I'm fine, sorry. Just tired."

I tried to hide the fact my cheeks were turning scarlet red but I was ready to blame it on the cold breeze if he did mention anything. Luckily he didn't, we went back inside and pretty much everyone was in the kitchen / living room just eating breakfast and chatting away. I say my hello's and have small talk with everyone before going back to my room to change into black jeans and a green jumper and I make my way back down to the cell. Steve gives me a hug and I thank him for staying whilst I went out and he goes back upstairs to join everyone else.

I make a conscious effort to not even look in Loki's direction as I walk over to my bed, I turn on my laptop and put on my headphones to watch a movie. I turn the volume all the way up to make sure I block out any of Loki's attempts to talk to me. I just have this heavy feeling in my chest since our fight yesterday and I can't seem to get rid of it. What makes it worse is I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less.