【One】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "I did meet some insufferable people..but to be fair they also met me." «

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

Scrambling around in the bathroom cabinets your thoughts ran wild. Why was some creepy man in your dorm?! Why did he insist he was a demon?! Was he insane?! Well probably..but! Why were you helping him?! Why did you tell him your name?! Why did he tell you his?! Curse you sleep deprived brain!

Your hands continued to shake uneasily as you moved some bottles in an attempt to find or at least remember where you put the first-aid kit. Closing your eyes you took a deep breath in, heart thumping wildly. You had confused him enough to the point he didn't kill you outright. Yes that's right, you weren't completely stupid. You had in fact seen the stains on his hoodie and heard his threat loud and clear. No doubt about it would he have sliced into you with that intimidating scalpel of his if your sleep deprived brain just blurt out your first thoughts.

But now that you were really awake everything set in. You knew his name...would he kill you after this? Yes, as much as you longed for an eternal rest—you still had things to do! And what would happen to Luca? You couldn't die, not yet at least.

Finally you had found the item you were looking for. Biting your lip your thoughts raced. Why were you helping him? Clasping the white box in your hands, you hesitantly stood by the bathroom door. Ah, that's right..you felt alarmed and worried after seeing the bloodied mess his ankle had become. Even despite his pant leg covering it you could tell how bad it was. Shaking your head you willed yourself to take another step out, you would think about how stupid this was later. For now you rather not have a random guy in your dorm dying from blood loss or at least getting your things bloodied.

Swiftly returning back to the living room, your brows raised in slight surprise to see that the man did in fact stay. He even was sitting on the couch like you suggested. His posture was still tense and he looked unnerved, which was understandable. You eyed the few red splotches of red that was embedded into the carpet.

Hearing your steps his head snapped back to watch you. Suppressing the urge to flinch, you attempted a weary smile before taking swift strides towards him. His head followed your movement, it caused your skin to chill with goosebumps. Stepping closer you clutched the box to your chest. Expectantly you eyed his bloodied leg and then his mask, using one hand you gestured for him to put his leg up on the coffee table. He just continued to stare. Your eyelids lowered, "I can't patch up your leg unless you comply demon-boy."

After another long moment of a stare down he finally held out his hand. You eyed his gloved palm before looking back up at his face with a baffled expression. "I'm not letting you do this yourself." A low sound similar to a threatening growl rumbled from under his blue mask, causing you to scoff. "Unless you're a doctor I'm not letting you dress this mess of a bite."

"I am a doctor." Your vice grip on the medical kit faltered as you blinked owlishly. "..what?" He made a huffing sound of sorts at your expression. Was he laughing at you? Seeing as your grip on the box loosened he carefully peeled it out of your grasp.

Popping it open he took out the gauze and a disinfectant. Bringing up his leg onto the couch he paused to turn back and look at you. Snapping out of your shock you shook your head, "W-Wait you're a doctor?" Jack shrugged half heartedly, "An unofficial one." Unofficial?! That made you sweat, anxiety growing. What if he ended up just hurting himself more? Wait-why did you care? Noticing the unease in your figure's body language he grumbled a bit before speaking, "Relax, I've done this before. Now..could I have some privacy?" Awkwardly he looked back down towards the gauze in his hand.