【Thirty-Three】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "Are you afraid of anything that's old?" «

*places plastic lawn chair*
*sits in it after a long awkward squeak from said chair*

so uhm
do I make a tumblr for random drabble requests

*falls out of plastic lawn chair*
*family guy death pose*

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

"Cozy."

You let out a low whistle with your word as you observed the house before you. Adjusting the bag on your shoulder, because yeah apparently during your mini blackout you had left it in Habit's car, you turned towards him.

   Habit slammed the truck door after he jumped out and started walking towards the front door, beckoning you.

"That's one word for it." He mused.

Crunching of gravel filled the silence as you awkwardly shuffled after the man who was fumbling with his keys.

   Grumbling something under his breath he unlocked the door after flinging open the first glass door, hissing about it being useless, Habit turned to you before doing a mock-bow and opening his arms as to welcome you in.

   Straining a grin you stepped inside and glanced around as he closed the door behind you. From where you were, you could see a few rooms connected to the small space you were currently in. It was odd, none of the other rooms looked like they belonged. It wasn't anything noticeable, just a feeling and small things that could be written off as bad design choices; such as the wallpapers being exaggeratedly different, the carpets not matching, or even how one room being lower than the other causing a small dip.

"You can take yer' shoes off or not, I don't really care."

With that, Habit started off towards one of the hallways not looking back to see if you were following. You took note that he didn't remove his boots, and not wanting to lose him you quickly followed even though you cringed at the feeling of your sneakers pressing into the carpet.

   "Might wanna stay close, you'll get lost if ya' take a wrong step."

   Raising a brow you bit back the urge to ask how, since from the outside the house didn't look that big. Despite your silence he seemed to catch on and glance back at you from over his shoulder.

   With a hand he twirled his pointer finger in a circle motion, "House shifts."

   You blinked dumbly at him but made a small "ah" sound as if you understood. He grinned and his shoulders shook in a silent laugh; he knew you didn't get it but wasn't going to explain.

   Glancing at the walls your eyes roamed the few framed pictures. There were pictures of a few people, you recognized one as the man you had seen Habit with before—Vinny, was it? In some pictures Habit was present, but something was off. His expression was much softer and brighter, less cynical and calculating. There was no hidden intent in his eyes.

   Looking away you cleared your throat as Habit stopped beside a door and turned to it. Gaze shifting towards you, he held up a finger to his lips. Confused you narrowed your eyes.