【Nine】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "Jesus Christ, sirs." «

* creepy dudes, violence *

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

   Your brows skyrocketed upwards when the familiar instrument was placed in your hands. Lizzie rolled her eyes at your expression, before punching you in the shoulder. "Whats the look for? You left that thing at my house, remember? You seriously think I wasn't gonna give it back?" You looked up to watch her swerve to be behind the counter, your mouth still slightly agape.

   "I-No! I mean, yes-no, I-" Awkwardly, you stood up straighter and smiled childishly, "I knew you'd give it back I just..didn't except you to.." Looking back down at the guitar you ran your thumb over the sleek wood, "..fix it."

Leaning on the counter, Lizzie rest her chin in her hand. "With how many times I've broken my drumsticks, fixing the strings was nothing." Jokingly she whined, "If I had the talent to use a guitar, I would pick it over my drums in a heartbeat."

Taking a few strides towards the back, you slipped behind the counter with your friend and placed the guitar beside your bag before rolling your eyes. "Please, you would rather sacrifice your left leg instead of your drums." She puffed out her lower lip but didn't argue, "You wound me so." Shrugging you snickered, "The truth hurts."

"Sooo," Lizzie started suddenly after a few moments of silence, "Since I fixed your guitar..I feel like it's only fair if I get a reward for my hard work." Slumping against the counter you glared at her weakly, "I'm not giving you my Dunkin' Donuts gift card." The other just laughed and waved her hand, before grabbing a box full of games that needed to be shelved and went to put them up. "I don't want your card, the drinks there are awful." Ignoring your offended gasp, she dropped the box and took out the plastic covered cartridges and started sorting them on the rack. "I mean with a song, dummy."

Picking yourself back up you made a small "oh" sound before picking up the guitar. No one was shopping currently anyway, and it was pretty much expected that no one would come in any time soon. Add that to the list of good things that have happened today!

   "Fine, fine. But I pick the song." You faintly heard Lizzie curse under her breath before laughing. "It's only fair since I have to close up today!" Was your argument, which in turn just made her laugh harder. "It's not my fault I have to leave early! Blame my sister, she's the one getting her wisdom teeth removed."

Placing a hand to your chest you fake sobbed, "Can't believe you're leaving me, all alone." Lizzie poked her head around one of the racks to glare playfully. Giggling, you ran your fingers over the strings, before tuning the instrument. "Do tell Michaela I hope she has a good recovery." "She will, though she will probably make me delete the footage of her being loopy after."

Grinning, you shook your head before sitting down on one of the stools behind the counter. Playing the first few cords, you could hear Lizzie starting to hum.

"Life isn't quite what I thought it be—"
"—When I was a kid on VoIP."
Shutting your eyes you shook your head at yourselves, only imagining what would happen if someone walked in.
"I thought when I get older.." You trailed off for Lizzie to finish, "I'd marry her! I told her." She grabbed the now empty box and started heading back towards the counter.