【Twenty-Three】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "I'm jumping, I've jumped, I've landed."

*mentions of arguing between parents, vomiting*

( thank you wrightcember for the beautiful art of baby y/n ily /p <3)

(sobbing, I just read the comments from last chapter why y'all so horny for HABIT Jack and Hoodie like damn 😭😭 /j /lh)

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

Picking at the grass, you watched as an ant crawled over your mud-covered sneakers. Blinking, you reached over for it, allowing it to crawl into your small hands. Part of you wanted to squish it between your fingers to see what would happen.

You didn't do that.

Instead, you held it for a moment before putting it back in the grass. Looking over at the back door of the house you could see your parents in the window. They appeared to be talking, you didn't really know if they were arguing again or just discussing "adult" matters.

You wanted them to finish soon though. Mom had promised to take you somewhere. It might have been a diner, you didn't remember what she said it was.

Laying down in the grass you spread your arms out. The backyard wasn't much. It had a white fence around it, but the paint was chipping and a lot of the boards near the back were broken.

Head turning to the side, you stared blankly at the thing that stood behind the fence near the wooded area. The thing didn't move or really do anything. Sitting up, you continued to watch it, before grabbing your stuffed animal and getting up. Dragging the toy along with you, you walked over to the back of the yard.

Staying a few feet away from the fence, you blinked at the thing.

It looked down at you.

"Who are you?"

It didn't say anything.

You didn't say anything after that either.

The door from the back porch opened.

"[Y/n]!"

Turning around, a small smile fell upon your face at the sight of your mother.

Looking back at the fence, nothing was there.

That was fine.

You don't think you liked that thing anyway.

It was back.

Standing by the fence, you kicked the ball you brought outside against the chipped boards.

The thing didn't flinch. It's head just tilted ever so slightly.

You frowned at it.

"You're boring."