【Forty-Two】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "There's no justice. Sleep tight everybody!" «

⚠️TW: Child neglect, violence, blood, very very brief mention of guts, all that jazz⚠️

Also: "Toby - HTD" in on character.ai. Recently made him out of boredom. I have no idea if he works or how he acts, but uhhhh...have fun! 😎👍

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

The wounds still looked utterly disgusting. The dull red and irritating itch that attacked your arms was awful and it made you sick looking at it. So, yes, maybe you did rewrap your arms a bit hastily and not as clean as you normally would have, but who cares? They still got bandaged in the end.

   Sighing, you leaned back, resting your head against the wall at a weird angle due to sitting on the closed toilet. The first-aid kit discarded on the edge of the sink. Luca had gone to school today, not because he had school—no it was Saturday anyway, but because he had a club meeting.

It wasn't a normal club meeting, it was more of a day of binging video games using the computer room. The teacher who overlooked the club had to be there for whatever reason and was convinced by the club leader to allow them to use it. Luca said it was important due to some championship or something.

Jack had woken up very early, early enough you were barely able to make sense of him whispering his goodbyes to you. It would've been funny from an outside perspective; to see a tall demon clad in black and grays crouched, gently moving hair from his human's face, an endearing look on his face; while said human sleepily peels their eyes open humming in question.

...Maybe funny wouldn't be the right word.

Well either way, he had left early in order to avoid being seen by people just out and about and by Luca. About two or three hours later you really woke up to get breakfast going and all that. Luca woke up not long after, and the two of you ate and drank hot chocolate while watching LEGO Monkie Kid, since your brother was really into it (he once said a background character looked like you, to which you shrugged).

The two of you afterwards got dressed and freshened up before taking the dogs on a walk. Luca proceeded to spend the entire walk telling you everything he learned and saw at the museum, to which you listened with full enthusiasm.

Smile and Luigi enjoyed their time in the snow, and whined about going back inside. The two dogs protested so much, you had to pick them up one at a time to take them inside. Soon after, Luca had to head back downstairs since his one friend—Raine?—'s parents were picking him up to take him to gaming club.

   So here you were, finally finished wrapping your arms and exhausted. With a hefty groan, you forced yourself upwards to stand, and grabbed your shirt which you had carelessly flung on the floor to get the annoying chore done. Throwing it on, you padded over to the couch and flopped onto it with a breath. Scooting over, you sat up and took your laptop, which you had carelessly left on the coffee table.

   Upon logging in and going to safari, you paused, trying to remember what it was you wanted to search. More specifically, how to spell it.

   Turning to the side, your gaze rolled lazily over to the two dogs laying in the light of the window. Luigi snored softly, his snout hidden in his paws, while Smile's head leaned back onto the older dog. The husky was belly up, soaking in the sun, snout twitching in his peaceful sleep.