【Thirty-Seven】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» " We're a package deal!" «

⚠️TW: Gore⚠️

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

"I have a school trip in a few days."

Looking up from your laptop and at Luca who laid sprawled in front of the television, watching whatever movie or show was currently on. He was staying over for the week since his legal guardians were out of town for the week as well. A vacation or something to visit Luca's mother's side of the family, a week before Christmas. Luca didn't want to go, and his mother was fine with that.

   Speaking of the holidays, both you and Luca had winter break from classes starting next Friday. Your grandfather, on your mother's side, had actually reached out a few days prior to ask if you and Luca would be joining him and your aunt for it.

   Quickly jotting down a note in your paper you hummed, "When?"

   "This Thursday."

   It was Monday.

"You got the field trip form?" You muttered, half-chewing on the end of your pen.

"Put it on the table." He chirped back, still focused on the screen. The husky beside Luca rolled onto his back, turning his head to look at you from his silly upside down pose.

Rolling your eyes at your brother, you pushed your laptop off to the side with your notebook and pen, careful to avoid disturbing Luigi. Neither one of the dogs were supposed to be there, but Smile and Luigi were relatively quite. Luigi had no one else to stay with while the two were away, so you took him in, and of course Smile followed you and Luca everywhere. Dramatically leaning over and groaning you took the paper from the coffee table, earning a glance and eye-roll from Luca.

Grinning you sat back and looked over it once.

"Overnight?"

With a furrowed brow you placed the paper down on your lap.

   You didn't even think the Science Museum allowed that. Where even was it again? A quick glance back at the paper confirmed your suspicions, it was in the city nearby which was still about a two hour drive. It made you a little nervous, but you were more worried about how Luca would handle that.

   If he did truly want to go though, you'd allow it, it would be good. He had been getting better socially, and slowly, slowly started to rely less on his coping mechanism of age-regression. And most importantly, you knew how much of an interest he had for science and you would do anything to support his love for it.

   Rolling to lay on his back, matching Smile, Luca looked up over the coffee table at you, "Yeah." Sitting up he pursed his lips, "Is that alright?"

   "'Course bud." You rubbed the back of your neck, trying to ease the pain in it stemmed from being hunched over your laptop for so long. "Just wanna make sure you'll be okay with the staying overnight portion."

  He nodded, "I'll be good. I got Royce, Elijah and Raine. I think Graham is going too—oh and Amelia."

You grinned and fiddled with your pen, "Well alrighty then," you sighed your name off on the guardian line, "but remember if you need me, just call."