【Four】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "To be fair, I feel nothing everywhere we go." «

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

   You scoffed down at the phone screen as you continued down the aisle. With one hand you quickly typed out a 'no' at your online friend's request. Rolling your eyes you looked back up at the bags of candy that sat on the shelves, no it wouldn't be for treat or treaters it would be for you, Luca, and possibly Lizzie if she actually came over on Halloween. Though it would be hard to restrain yourself from eating all the treats before then.

   Suddenly your phone started ringing and buzzing in your hand making you jump. Glaring down at it you sighed at the name, accepting the call and putting the phone to your ear. "I'm not buying an Ouija board."

   There was a bit of shuffling from the other side before an annoyed groan. "Why noooot?" "Because," you hissed back, "I've already had my fair share in paranormal activities." Besides you didn't want to spend money on one. "But it'll be so much fun!" Your eyes narrowed as you used your free hand to grab a mixed bag and throw it into the basket you were carrying, "You just want to record me getting freaked out and then blackmail me with it." This caused him to laugh, "You know me so well."

   Moving along you stopped at the fruits section you stopped to grab a bag of grapes. What? You had to at least buy something healthy. A few times you had considered texting Jack if he wanted something, seeing as how he had been popping up at the apartment recently—he really liked that dumb show for some reason. Your lips pursed, I mean it wouldn't hurt to ask, would it?

   "What if I just send one to your place?" "Don't you even dare think of doing that." Sighing exasperated you looked down at the semi-full basket in your hands. "Why do you want me to get one so bad anyway, huh?"

You could vaguely hear him button-mashing on what sounded like a controller. "'Cause it will be fun, that's why." Glaring at nothing while you continued to stroll down the store he chuckled lightly, "You're trying to glare at me right now, aren't you?" "Maybe."

"What if I'm on call with you when you use it, will that make you feel better?" Raising a brow you clicked your tongue, "No that would actually make me feel worse." His brows furrowed and a fake hurt tone laced his voice, "Hey!" Cackling you stopped at a certain aisle before humming, "How about this, I will...consider buying one, just because mama didn't raise no pussy."

"See? Was that so hard?" One could practically hear the taunting smirk on his face. You rolled your eyes but grinned a little, "Shut up you jerk."

"Wait hold on," On the other side of the phone you could hear some more shuffling and muffled voices, followed by your friend huffing in annoyance. "Really? Right now?" Another voice than spoke up, but you couldn't make out what they were saying. "She's not my-" A deep breath, "Fine, fine." Raising a brow you waited until he remembered he was on the phone. Your friend had mentioned a few times that he had roommates, who he never stopped mentioning how much he disliked them, but you had a feeling that his statement was only half-true. An audible "click" of a door snapped you from your thoughts before he spoke again, "I gotta go now, but seriously you better buy one, I need more blackmail."

Scoffing at the teasing tone you hissed, "Is that all I am to you? Entertainment?" "Yeah kinda." Sputtering in offense caused him to laugh louder. "What the hell?!" "Come on, you walked right into that one!" Pouting childishly you pulled the phone away from your ear, "Whatever you gremlin, go do what you gotta do." Hearing a faint "bye" you hung up.