Chapter 8

Heather

I touched my lips which were tingling. Even when I finally got home my lips were still for some strange reason feeling like this. I sighed, that was the best kiss I have ever had even compared to Tyler. Gabriele's warm lips gently caressing mine for a split second and the feeling of ecstasy overwhelmed me. I stood in front of my door turning a bright red color at the thought of the little mistake.

I shouldn't think about it that much, it was a goodbye kiss. It isn't normal that my boss kissed me goodbye. I shook my head trying to evade the mess that was my current state of mind. It was just an accidental kiss, he is Italian so it is customary in his family.

Just a slip up that is all.

I let out a deep breath opening up my door. I saw Tyler sitting on the lounge chair, he was fast asleep.

I walked to him pecking a kiss on his forehead taking the blanket that was on the table throwing it over him, he turned around and cuddled the blanket. I silently cooed, poor man, he had a lot of work he had to do this previous week and a half.

He wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. I didn't have much to do. I opened my laptop going through e-mails and college updates. I stared at my laptop for a minute, I typed into the search bar 'Gabriele Armanto'. I was curious about him. He told me about his ex-wife just like I told him about my Alex issue, I still can't believe he agreed to go with me to my sister's wedding.

I shouldn't have sat in that park and cried. I needed to get out of this apartment so I walked to the park which was nearby. I wanted to cry like I  have never cried before, sit and wallow in my sadness, that was until I saw Gabriele sit beside me. He was initially shocked to see it was me but then he and Luca tried to cheer me up, it felt nice to talk to someone.

As I waited for my Jurassic laptop, I rummaged through my messy book bag and found the drawing I forgot about. It was a cute picture, I smiled widely as I looked at the picture. I stuck it to the fridge. I went back to my laptop, I scrolled through some business reviews. I stopped and looked at a magazine article.

It says that Clara, an up and coming model cheated on Gabriele and was in mourning for months. I'm guessing they had no idea she was pregnant. Nothing else popped up, only a picture of her and him together from about six years ago, they looked so in love.

I felt something stir in my gut. I slammed the laptop shut.

I made some tea for me and went to my room to catch up on some of the extra work that I had to do. That picture of them continued to drift around in my thoughts making it hard for me to concentrate, after the fifth time reading the same sentence I decided that it would be better for me to get some sleep.

By Friday I was running around trying to get things done since Gabriele is coming home early today and I had to go dress shopping. I didn't want to go shopping, I would go to that wedding in my old sweater for all I cared but the invitation said I need to wear a dress. That's just sexist.

The door opened just as I gave Luca his sandwich. Today was a long day and I had to help little Luca pull out a tooth, every now and then there is bound to be a loose tooth.

Gabriele greeted Luca and went upstairs, a few minutes later he came back down.

"I have to get going," I said walking to my bag.

"Where are you going? I know you asked to leave earlier," He asked curiously as he leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen.

"Well, I have to go dress shopping,"

"For the wedding?" I nodded.

"I also have to get myself a tux, why don't I go with you?" I frowned.