Chapter 19

Heather

I looked at Alex, my eyes widened.

He just said he wants me back. After he dumped my sister and their child and told her he didn't want the baby. Okay, he is really stupid if he thinks he can just say he wants me back and I'll come crawling back like some lovesick puppy. The thought alone made me gag.

I have Gabriele now, and my feelings toward him just get stronger and stronger with each day that passes. It scared me but I knew that I could trust him. Alex was just a bad mistake.

"What?! No!"He looked at me like he wasn't expecting that.

"Heather, please. I love you. I was stupid to fall for Nichola's tricks." I frowned, I heard the shuffling behind me from where Gabriele, who was now awake, stood up from the blanket and listened to the conversation from afar.

"You chose her, you broke my heart and now...now you expect me to just get back together with you after you did to her what you did to me. I hate you." Saying those words made me feel free, free from all the anger I had accumulated inside of me towards him. I think I understand now why at the wedding I was sad, perhaps it was not of missing him but rather missing the feelings I had towards him. 

He looked at me dumbstruck, I felt the looming warmness beside me. Gabriele stood beside me wrapping his arms protectively around my waist. He smiled triumphantly at Alex.

"I think you should go, she's my girlfriend now." Alex gave me another strange look and turned to me but Gabriele stopped him. "You heard her go, don't come back here or so help me I'll make you pay for breaking her heart." He didn't speak and just walked away. Gabriele placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Lately it seems everybody is after you, first Tyler now Alex-they should know your mine, all mine." His dark brows furrowed and his eyes blazed in lust.

"Yours?"

"Mine, soon enough all mine." I rested my head on his chest, his heartbeat soothing my mind from all of the things that have happened in the last day. He held me tightly, and that's when I knew that things will never be the same. I'll never be just his nanny again, I'll never be just his friend. I didn't want to be just his friend anyways. I want so much more.

I looked up, he leaned down and kissed me sweetly. The kiss was brief but the amount of sexual tension building inside of us was overwhelming. Not yet. But I'm sure it was going to happen really soon since I could feel him stiffen as the kiss ended.

"I'm going to change and then I'll make breakfast." He nodded, he started cleaning up the takeaway food bags from last night. I left to shower, I changed into some dark wash jeans, and a plain long sleeved shirt. My hair was still partly wet after I dried it so I left it down. When I walked into the kitchen he was starting breakfast already.

"I would've made breakfast." His eyes shifted from the counter where he was busy chopping onions to me.

His eyes lingered for a moment.

"You were busy so I just started." He shifted his eyes back to the counter, I leaned over the counter to see what he was making. I helped him chop up some ingredients and mix the batter.

He was waiting for an omelet to cook when he turned to me.

"You have a little something..." he touched my shoulder. His fingers trailed to my neck and soon enough his lips followed. The same things we practiced yesterday ran through my mind.

"Mmh" he mumbled as he placed my hair away from my face and continued to kiss me. I pushed him back a little. He had a frustrated frown on his face, which was cute. I took my thumb and straightened the fold between his eyebrows.