Chapter 26

Heather

"I have never been to Italy," I stated as we walked with our bags to the airport check-in.

"I know, I did do some of my research, just ask your brother." I stopped walking, wait don't tell me. My brother gave Gabriele dirt on me. I'm killing him when I get back. I hope he didn't show him any baby pictures; my mother bugged me to bring Gabriele to dinner so that she can properly get acquainted with him, and I'm sure somebody showing him my baby photos are inevitable.

"Don't worry about it. I promise you it's nothing like a deep dark secret." Luca held my hand tightly looking around at the people.

"Heather, I've never been to Italy too." He smiled at me.

"Is that so?" Gabriele eyed him as he smiled at me trying to make me feel better about it. I knew he has gone to Italy many times before.

 I had a carryon bag and Luca had his backpack with him after we sent our bags down the conveyor.

"So, four hours in the air. It gives you more than enough time to describe my surprise to me." We continued to walk to a coffee shop at the airport.

"You do know what the word surprise means."

"I'll tell you! My daddy is going to..mmh mmh." Gabriele placed his hands over Luca's mouth giving him his well known 'stinky eye' as Luca put it.

"You can't tell her. She must not know under any circumstances, it's a big secret."Luca nodded and looked like he remembered something. Ooh, these boys were up to something. The excitement was bubbling up inside me.

"Pretty please." I tried to give him my best puppy dog look but he just kissed my pouting lips and whispered into my ear with a low growl.

"Nope, don't pout like that, this is a public place and I feel too inclined to you know what on the table and do you know what with pouty lips." My eyes widened and I turned red. Luca was just staring at us very confused.

We got a table at the coffee shop .

"Are we going to stay at uncle Stanza?" Gabriele nodded.

"He's staying in the main chateau and we're getting the other one on the other side of the estate." Two chateaus on either side of an estate. I'm guessing this uncle is very rich because damn, I didn't think I'd ever spend a night in a chateau.

"Who's this uncle?"

"He's actually my mother's sister's husband...my uncle, not Luca's, my grandfather lives a few miles from there so I think you'll meet him too."

"Talking about family, my mother asked that you attend dinner with me when we get back. We can bring Luca."

"I'd love to go, seeing as they might be my in-laws." The waiter interrupted my semi-shocked expression by taking our orders.

"In-Laws? You're moving really fast, 6 months and you already want to marry me?"

"Actually I've wanted to marry you since the first time I kissed you. I'd love you to be my wife and the mother of my future child."

"You do not want to know what I've been dreaming about since I saw you in a suit at the wedding for the first time." His eyebrow shot up. He leaned closer that I could whisper into his ear.

"You, and I and that purple tie, that has already realized but I'd love to replay that." He sat back into his chair as our orders came and took a huge gulp of his coffee. I wickedly smiled, that got him riled up.

Luca was occupied by his thick chocolate milkshake and a coloring page the waiter bought over. Gabriele just continued to stare at me over his cup of coffee, his eyes reflecting the same mocha color as the coffee. I purposely didn't look at Gabriele and helped Luca with coloring in the cartoon characters.