Chapter 34

Heather

I took a deep breath in and out a few times. The stylist just finished with my makeup and hair and I was about to step into my dress. The dress was a long A-line with a sweetheart neckline and lace detailing on the bottom. I love the dress and I was amazed to have found it in the first dress shop we went to.

I quickly pulled it on and as my mother zipped me up I let out a breath. I was pregnant and I was just a month in, I could hardly see anything but some of my clothes told me that things were changing. I am thankful the dress still fits after the fitting last week. 

"Oh my goodness honey, you are so beautiful." My mother wiped off a tear as I put on my heels.

"Please don't cry, I'm going to start crying." She hugged me tightly.

Tristen my bridesman had Maya in his arms and walked out in front of me as a melody played. Luca then walked after him with the rings. My mother scurried away and reprimanded my father to watch where he is stepping when he brings me in to not step on my train.I hooked my arm in his as I held my red rose bouquet, red roses like the bunch he bought me when we had dinner at my apartment.

"I'm so proud of you, and soon enough I'll have another grandchild...or children." I frowned.

"Twins? We don't have twins in the family." I laughed. My father scoffed.

"Well, your grandfather was part of a twin and aunt Laura is too..." The wedding march started playing.

"That's our queue kiddo." The door swung open and I let out a deep breath. Today was the day that I marry Gabriele. I never thought I'd be marrying him, I was his nanny in the beginning and now I'm going to be his wife and the woman who carried his baby. We started walking, my father gave my hand a squeeze as we neared the altar where Gabriele was standing with his hands folded together anxiously. Everybody turned their attention to us, most of my family was there including Nichola and her flavor of the month. I didn't invite her. Gabriele's family was there too, his grandfather was sitting in front, I met him in Italy.

Our eyes locked in an intense gaze, admiration and love flashed in his brown eyes. I felt my heart beating faster and faster. Finally, I was in front of him and Tristen took my bouquet as my father pecked a kiss on my cheek through the veil and Gabriele took my hands. The priest started talking and I kept looking at Gabriele he mouthed to me 'Beautiful'. A smile spread on my face.

It was time for us to read our vows, my veil was placed back and Gabriele took a deep breath and started.

"I remembered the first time I saw you, I thought you had the most beautiful eyes, emerald green eyes. I needed a nanny and thanks to divine intervention I found you or rather you found us. The first time I kissed you was the moment I knew I would marry you one way or another. I told you I kissed you because I was Italian but the truth was...I wanted to." A few giggles erupted from our family.

"I love you so much, Heather. I promise to always be faithful, to be yours, to love you until I let out my last breath and I can't remember my own name. I promise my undeniable devotion and love until the end of time." He held my hands tighter and I could see his eyes becoming glassy,  if he cries I'll cry.

It was my turn now. I let out a deep breath and he had the biggest smile I ever saw on his face.

"I knew you were lying about kissing me because you are Italian, but I didn't complain. I never thought I'd be standing here and marrying you. I love the way you smile when you get your way and your cooking is amazing even though we've had a few accidents in the kitchen. I love how you are with Luca and the love you give without expecting anything in return."