CHAPTER-21

AARVI's POV:

Theses past few days have been so amazing. I can absolutely say that planning this trek is one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. If we wouldn't have come to this trek now, I would have missed meeting such amazing people and making so many memories with them.

I actually have to thank my family for this. If it wasn't for those family problems I wouldn't have the urge to get away from there as soon as possible. All the more thanks to my friends to get ready to come when they knew about it.

So far life has been the best for me in the past few days. After coming here to mohali we even went to meet shubi's family, and let me tell you they are so kind and welcoming. The amount of love I've got there I didn't think it was possible.

His father is so jovial and funny, especially the husband-wife jokes he cracks on when keert aunty is not around. The moment she comes in the room he turns into a love sick puppy.

Keert aunty is literally all in one. A traditional yet modern woman. She cooks such tasty food. I will let you in on one secret- I don't love anyone's hand prepared food other than my mom's. And I'm absolutely in love with her food. I so have to tell my mom about this.

Shahneel di is just like uncle. She has such a jovial and kind hearted nature. She loves to prank on shubi. She doesn't miss even a chance to tease him. They both are always pulling on each other's legs.

Because of shahneel di and shubi, rahul bhai, shahneel di's husband is always tired of trying to choose between one of them. He has to choose shubi cause he is right but he can't leave his wife hanging if he doesn't want to get kicked out of the bedroom.

Me, Kia and daksh have also spent a lot of time together. Sharing all our stories and relieving our school days. All of our mischievous memories. Those were the happy days you know.

We went sight seeing, clicked loads of pictures to make our friends and siblings jealous. It's like the most important rule of the nature, doesn't matter if you are having fun or not just click pictures and send them your siblings you will automatically have a lot of fun after that. I'm talking with experience.

But just like everything even good times come to an end.

One of my worst fears came through. I can't run much away from it. How much ever I try it always comes haunting back. It's so suffocating that I'm dying but I come alive all again. Just to relive through each and everything one more time. Just to have those haunting nightmares over and over again. Just to see myself getting crumpled and not even trying to join those pieces because I know that I'll have to redo it all.

"Don't tell anyone about what happened you understand" she said, holding my arms in a tight grip.

"B..ut.." I stuttered, tears running down my cheeks.

"No. I promise to make everything right. Don't utter even a single word about it in front of anyone" she said, looking dead in my eyes. I couldn't do anything other than just give a small nod.

My life after that day has been nothing but miserable. The brave and independent girl I put up with becomes so tiring. It's so hard to pretend like someone else. Someone else whose life is nothing but rainbows and colors, someone who is strong and social, someone who isn't afraid of what people will think about them. Someone who is not at all me.

I can literally count the times I've really been happy and myself in these past few years. The scars imprinted in my mind and soul don't let me be happy.

"You brought everyone some gifts or the other then what about me?" Adit asked and then continued "Akka pls don't tell that u forgot about your only brother and didn't buy anything for me".