Chapter 9

'When was the last time you were genuinely happy ?', Ashwin asked himself in front of the mirror.

He searched through his mind for the answer. The only thing pops up is the moments with her. Her smile, her innocence, her jokes, her care and everything about her, just gave him pure happiness that he never experienced.

Till this point, he do not have an idea if she feels the same about him, what if he's just a friend, what if she already has a boyfriend, either way he decides to atleast try.

His reflection curved a smile on the mirror. He ruffles through his wardrobe to find something attractive to wear. He decides on a white shirt, classic. He styled his hair and put in his perfume, quite alot, and he was done.

He excitedly get down the stairs and went to the dining room, no one was there. He searched the kitchen, no one was there.

"Rakshaaa", he yelled for Rakshan.

No answer.

He went out to the pool side, and he found the duos by the pool drinking their coffee.

"Vaa machaa", Rakshan greeted.

"What are you guys doing here ?", Ashwin asked.

"Paatha therileh ? Btw Sivaangi's off today. So she will be coming with us .", Rakshan asked sipping his coffee.

"Okay go get ready, we have to go", Ashwin said.

"Dei innum time irukke da", Rakshan said.

"Sonna purinjeko da", he said eyeing Sivaangi who totally ignored Ashwin's existence.

"Right'uh", Rakshan said and brought his coffee cup inside.

Ashwin immediately took a seat beside Sivaangi where Rakshan previously sat.

"Good morning", Ashwin said excitedly.

"Morning morning", Sivaangi said uninterested after a gap.

"Madam'ke kovama ?", Ashwin asked.

"Naa ethuku sir unge mele kovam padanum", Sivaangi said without looking at him.

"Appo kovam ah thaa iruke", Ashwin said.

Sivaangi stayed silent.

"Okayy sorry", Ashwin said.

"Naa ethuku ungala mannikenum, naa yaareh ungalukke", Sivaangi said emotionlessly.

"Naa unkite onne sollenum", Ashwin said trying to get her attention.

"I should've known my limits, I know. You don't have to remind me again", she said cutting him off.

"I'm sorry for that, but I have something important to tell you", Ashwin said.

"Ninggeh enkitte solle enna irukke", Sivaangi said trying to get up.

Ashwin got up and grabbed her hand. Sivaangi didn't turn back to see him, instead she try to escape her hand from his grasp, but he was way too strong.

"Naa soldrathe kelu ma", Ashwin begged.

"Viddunggeh", Sivaangi yelled trying harder to pull her hand.

"Please listen---", Ashwin said.

"Know your limits", Sivaangi yelled and pulled her hand hard that it made her wrist sore.

Ashwin couldn't believe she said that, even though he knew he deserves it. He stood there frozen while Sivaangi ran inside. Ashwin sat there by the pool regretting everything he did and feeling like a total failure until Rakshan and Sivaangi came out after locking the door.

"Vaa macha polam", Rakshan yelled from across the pool. Sivaangi just stood a few steps behind Rakshan crossing her arms. She wants to just stay home, but she promised Rakshan she will come by to help today.

Rakshan's tell broke Ashwin's daydream. His eyes fell on Sivaangi who was obviously mad. Ashwin lazily got up and walked pass them to the car. Rakshan confused by their weird behaviour.

The 3 got in the car and Sivaangi took the back seat. Ashwin and Sivaangi were silent throughout the whole journey. The only one keeping the situation lively is Rakshan. Ashwin peeps through the rear view mirror to see her, she notices it and gave him a deadly stare.

They reached The Magnolia and Nila and Niraj were already waiting for them. Nila notices that Sivaangi is here today and rolled her eyes.

All 5 of them enters the restaurant and get it ready to open. Niraj and Ashwin went to the kitchen while Rakshan sets up the cash counter. It leaves Nila and Sivaangi to work together setting up the tables.

Thorough the process, the evil Nila thinks of a plan to break Ashwin and Sivaangi's bond without knowing what had really happened this morning.

Throughout the day, Sivaangi managed to totally avoid Ashwin even though he tried to talk to her multiple times. She was just waiting for the day to over so she can get home and lock herself in her room.

Meanwhile, Nila came up with the perfect plan to make Sivaangi jealous, probably even break them apart. She knew it might cost her losing her job, but it will be worth it for her evil mind.

By the closing time neared, the restaurant was empty and just the 5 of them left. Ashwin helped Niraj at the kitchen while Sivaangi was helping Rakshan at the cash counter, which made Nila even more jealous because all the while she worked here, she never get to operate the cash counter. It was either Rakshan or Ashwin but now, there's someone new taking the place.

A few minutes later, Niraj left leaving Ashwin alone at the kitchen. Ashwin was washing his hands when Nila entered the kitchen. Ashwin didn't notice her since he was facing back. Nila waited for the right time. She heard footsteps towards the kitchen, she knew it was the right time. She quickly peeped behind. By the time Ashwin turned back, Nila hugged him. Since it happened so quickly, he thought it was Sivaangi. It took him a few seconds to realize that it was Nila. He couldn't believe that Nila was doing this.

But it got worse when he looked up to find Sivaangi witnessing the whole thing with tears rolling down her cheeks. She was too shocked to even move. She turned back and ran away, from the kitchen, from the restaurant. She ran as far as she could.

Meanwhile at the kitchen, Ashwin pushed Nila away and gave her a tight slap. He was furious than he ever had. Even though the slap was painful, Nila was happy with the result.

"What the hell did you do ? You're disgusting", Ashwin yelled.

Nila stood there silently with her palm on the cheek.

"Deyy enna da nadanthechu? Why is Sivaangi crying ? Why is Nila standing like this ?", Rakshan asked as he ran in to the kitchen.

"Sivaangi enggeh da ?", Ashwin asked crying.

To be continued...