Chapter 16

The rays of sunshine shined through Ashwin's window. He searched for his phone and saw the time was 7:45 AM. He slept more than usual, he thought. Ashwin got ready for the day and knocked on Rakshan's door.

"Hyeeee", Ashwin grinned as still sleepy Rakshan opened the door.

"Enna da kalaile eelikire ?", Rakshan asked annoyed.

"Vaa macha, neraiya vella irukkela", Ashwin said excitedly.

"Enna un mamanar ah correct pandra velaya ?", Rakshan asked rubbing his eyes.

"Brilliant macha nee, seekiram va", Ashwin replied.

While waiting for Rakshan to get ready, Ashwin decided to stop by Shivu's room which was just across Rakshan's room. Ashwin knocked on her door. Before the second knock, the door opened.

"Ashwineyy", Sivaangi peeked from inside with a smile.

"Heyy, how do you know it's me ?", Ashwin asked surprised.

"Athellam appedi thaa, oore wavelength", she replied joyfully.

"Enna madam rombe happy ah irrukinge", Ashwin teased.

"Namma ippo lovers , athe nenache thaa", she replied.

"Lovers ah ? Yaar sonna, appedilam onnum ille", Ashwin teased.

Sivaangi's face frowned.

"Appo anthe I love you ? Kalyanam pannikelama ne kettathe ?", she asked with a disappointed face.

"Athellam ore comedy ke sonne, nee serious ah eduthukitte", Ashwin continued his teasing.

Without saying anything, Sivaangi began sobbing. Her crying made Ashwin regret his teasing.

"Heyy Shivu, naa chumma tha sonne", Ashwin neared to hold her hand, but she held it back.

"Ellam comedy thaane ? Pongeh", she tried to close the door while still sobbing.

Ashwin held the door, went inside the room and closed the door.

"Shivu, sathiyama na villayutuke thaa sonne", Ashwin tried to redeem himself.

"Athaa sonningele, ellam villayutuke thaane sonningeh", she cried.

"Aiyo athe ille ma, lovers ille ne villayutuke sonne", Ashwin cupped her cheeks.

Her sobbing slowly stopped.

"Appo namma yaare ?", Sivaangi asked.

"Lovers ille", Ashwin chuckled gaining few pinches from Shivu.

"Aiyo lovers ille athukkum mele ne solle vanthen ma", Ashwin rubbed his arm where Shivu pinched.

"Sorry Ashwineyy", she said as she caressed his arm.

"Ippo okay va ?", she asked.

"Okay ille", he smiled.

"Yen ?", she asked confused.

"Innum onne kude", he said.

"Ethu ? Pinch ah ?", she asked.

"Athe ille, makku", Ashwin replied.

"Enna ippove thitringgeh?", she asked.

"Manichiru ma, orre flow le vantruchi", Ashwin replied.

Sivaangi stood on her toes to reach Ashwin's height. She leaned in to give what he wanted, but that's now what happened. They were interrupted by the knock on the door as usual.

"Yevan da athe !?", Ashwin shrieks.

Sivaangi giggles looking at disappointed Ashwin.

Sivaangi runs and opened the door, it was Rakshan.

"Anthe payyan ulle irukkana ma ?", Rakshan asked.

"Irrukare na", Shivu replied.

"Avane konjam--", Rakshan said.

"Vanthutten da", Ashwin gets out from the room annoyed.

"Enna macha room tour ah ?", Rakshan teased.

"Enggeh da nee vitte, vaa", Ashwin dragged Rakshan.

The whole family gathered at the dining room for breakfast, including Shekar and Suraj. Ashwin and Rakshan gulped thinking about how they are going to manage this.

Everyone were seated at the dining table except Ashwin and Rakshan. They felt more awkward with Shekar and Suraj.

"Vaa Ashwin, vaa Rakshan", Pugazh called them.

The duo hesitantly took seat. Ashwin got the place opposite to Sivaangi and Rakshan sat beside Vishal.

Even with Shekar and Suraj's presence, Ashwin never failed to eye Sivaangi. They both silently shared smiles and giggles. But, it was definitely noticed by Suraj.

Halfway through the breakfast was fine except for weird look from Suraj and constant staring from Meena ma. What's wrong with this woman ? Ashwin thought.

The silence broke when Shekar decided to interrogate Ashwin and Rakshan.

"Unggeh per enna?", Shekar asked.

Ashwin almost choked on his food.

"Rakshan", Ashwin said.

"Ashwin", Rakshan said.

Everyone expect Shekar and Suraj giggled looking at them forgetting their own name.

"Ashwin and Rakshan", Ashwin corrected.

"Vishal eh eppadi theriyum ?", Shekar asked.

"Inggeh tha theriyum", Rakshan said.

"College... college mates", Ashwin covered.

"Enna pandringeh ?", Suraj asked.

"Sappedrom uncle", Rakshan asked.

"Dey Raksha", Ashwin mumbled.

"Restaurant vechirukkom", Ashwin answered nervously.

"Ohh, amma appa enna enna pandrangeh", Suraj asked.

A pin drop silence emerged. Everyone stopped eating and their face changed, especially Ashwin. Everyone looked at each other.

Ashwin controlled his feelings and tried to be as normal as possible. The question he feared the most is now presented in front him.

Sivaangi looked at Meena ma, she was clearly about to cry. Sivaangi held her hand under the table and comforted her for what she was about to hear from her own son.

"Engalukku yaarum illeh", Ashwin finally said.

To be continued...