Chapter 18

The door chimes at The Magnolia when Ashwin and Rakshan were back at their restaurant after a good while. Ashwin took in a deep breath as he got ready for the day. Rakshan as usual, went to set up the barista station.

10 minutes passed and Chef Niraj arrived with a huge smile and shakes hand with Ashwin and Rakshan.

"Enna boss, ellam okay thaane ?", Niraj asked Ashwin with a smile.

"Irunthathayum kedututte vanthrukan, nee vereh", Rakshan sighed.

"Enna nadanthathu ?", Niraj asked curiously.

"Avan kitte kellu", Rakshan said and walked to the front.

Rakshan reached the cash counter and began looking through the data book. As he was flipping through the pages, the door chimes. It took a moment for Rakshan to realize they're not open yet and looked up to see who came this early, even though there's a 'closed' sign still.

He looked up to find a girl enters the restaurant. She was so gorgeous that Rakshan's jaw dropped. He looked at her for a good minute before waking up from the trance ? Love at first sight maybe ?

"Good morning sir", she greeted with a smile.

Rakshan didn't answer, instead he just stared at her in awe.

"Hello sir ?", she greeted again waving her hand.

"Uh..uhm..hello", Rakshan startled.

"You're Mr. Ashwin I suppose ?", she asked.

Rakshan just couldn't answer. He couldn't get over from looking at her.

"He's Rakshan, I'm Ashwin", Ashwin said walking out from the kitchen.

"Oh, good morning sir", she greeted Ashwin.

"No , just call us Ashwin and Rakshan", Ashwin said.

Ashwin notices Rakshan standing there smiling.

"Dey", Ashwin shook his shoulder.

"Ithe yaare ?", Rakshan asked still looking at her.

The girl just smiled looking at Rakshan's reactions.

"Sorry macha, solle maranthuten. This is Aadhya", Ashwin introduced.

"Aadhya", Rakshan said in wonder while still looking at her.

"Yes, our new employee, replacing Nila", Ashwin said.

"Ohh employee ah? Appo okay", Rakshan grinned, knowing he will get to see her everyday.

"Okay Aadhya, you can go arrange the tables first", Ashwin instructed.

Aadhya left the place leaving Ashwin and Rakshan.

"Enna da aachi unakku ?", Ashwin asked curiously.

"Athe unakke sonna puriyathe macha", Rakshan said smiling.

"Enna da love ah ?", Ashwin asked.

"Irukallam", Rakshan said smiling.

Ashwin shook his head and left to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Rakshan spent the whole day trying to work closer to Aadhya, which she definitely noticed but she smiled everytime she sees Rakshan.

Rakshan and Ashwin were back at home by 9pm. They stayed at the restaurant longer than usual for different reasons. Ashwin wants to take his mind off the problem while Rakshan wants to spend more time with Aadhya.

They parked the car and walked to the front door. Ashwin noticed the porch light was on, he clearly remembers that he didn't leave it on. Confused Ashwin near the main door and he found the door was unlocked. He turned to Rakshan and he gave the same shocked reaction.