Welcome to Alfea

"I get to go to Alfea this semester!" Elia exclaimed, "This is the best news ever!"

She was in the throne room of Eraklyon, where her parents, Bloom and Sky, had called to speak with her.

Bloom nodded to her daughter, "Yes, your father and I decided you are ready and old enough to start your fairy education and training at Alfea." Bloom was sitting on a bedazzled chair fit perfectly for a queen with bright red rubies surrounding her sides, symbolizing her power from the dragon flame.

"Awesome! Wait, that means I have to leave today. Oh no! I need to start— I mean I'm going to start packing right now! Wow, I can't wait to go there," she exclaimed once more, "Love you Mom and Dad, I've got to go! Bye!" Elia hurried out of the room with the worst manners ever to be presented by a princess.

"And to think she will be the future leader of Eraklyon," Sky sighed to himself. He was sitting on a golden throne that marvelously matched the blonde tones of his long hair.

"Don't be too discouraged by Elia's behavior. She is only sixteen and you know she has a great amount of potential. Her time at Alfea will make her a strong, powerful, and wise fairy," Bloom told him, "Remember, she hasn't had the most normal circumstances while growing up." Bloom was right. Ever since Matilda had tried to steal the dragon flame from Elia, her parents decided she would live a sheltered life, away from society. Completely isolated.

"Yes, I know. I'm still worried something terrible could happen to her."

"Don't worry, Alfea is a very safe and secure place. I trust Faragonda to protect our daughter. And if things do get out of hand, we can always call the old gang to help out. Our little girl is growing up, she needs to go to Alfea and confront her destiny."

--

While Elia rushed to her room to pack, she couldn't help but feel happy that her parents finally said yes to letting her go to her dream school.

Alfea, she thought, Maybe Frankie will be able to go there too.

Even if Elia was said to be isolated, she did have one friend. And that friend was Prince Frankie of Solaria. Frankie was Elia's best friend. They grew up together and had grown a very strong friendship. According to Elia's parents, she was there when Frankie was born. Of course Elia was a tiny infant and claimed to not remember that day.

She made it to her room and started packing. Her room was a moderate size. It was fit for a princess, it had a closet of dresses and a vanity for Elia's makeup and hair supplies. She generally did not wear makeup, but a touch of glitter to her outfit always sparked joy within the young girl's heart.

A glowing figure appeared in Elia's room and shouted, "Solaria!"

"Frankie? Is that you?" she asked. As the light started to fade, Elia saw a blonde haired boy carrying a magical scepter in his hand, "Frankie, it is you! You'll never believe it, my parents finally said I can go to Alfea!"

Silence

"Frankie? Did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah I did. Congrats, I guess," he said in a dull tone. Frankie was low spirited, which was very unusual for the prince. Usually, he was the one to cheer Elia up when she was feeling down.

"Are you okay? Frankie what's wrong? You can tell me, I'm your best friend!"

Frankie took a deep breath before speaking, "I'm fine, it's just my parents decided they don't want me going to Alfea," he took another deep breath, "It's something about their tradition that guys go to Red Fountain and girls go to Alfea. That we're not allowed to mix." Frankie sat in a corner with tears rolling down his eyes.