A Dawning Art Project

One more stroke of yellow and this painting will be perfect. But it could really use some pink undertones, Naomi lifted her head, looking for the pink paint. I'd get it if only someone wasn't hogging it...

"Oh hey Naomi!" Ariadne waved after noticing Naomi's stare. She held a small sized canvas in her hands, "Do you like the flower I drew? I think it's really pretty!"

The flower she made was mostly pink with a touch of blue on the outskirts of its petals. It had two green leaves mounting down on a dark green stem. Of course, Arie is too sweet. I can't possibly be mad at her for loving the color pink so much .

"Looks great Arie! You've really improved since our last class. I like what you did with the blue," Naomi beamed, "Oh and could you pass me the pink?"

Ariadne's face lit up with a bright smile, "Thank you Naomi. Here's the pink," she said, bringing the paint to Naomi, taking a look at her canvas, "Wow your painting looks amazing!"

It was true, the painting Naomi had just drawn within forty-five minutes of their art class was a true masterpiece. It showed a quaint cottage set in the middle of a wheat field in the morning, capturing the beautiful light of dawn.

"You think so? I think a little bit of pink would tie everything together," Naomi took the paint from Ariadne and continued to dabble bits of the color on her canvas .

"I completely agree, pink makes everything better!" Ariadne exclaimed, unintentionally grabbing the attention of Elia and Hani.

"Wow Naomi, you have the skills," Elia proclaimed, "I just drew a frog because I was bored."

"I drew my favorite books!" Hani said with a confident smile.

"Your favorite books? Why would you draw that?" Elia sat confused by her friend's decision.

Naomi stiffened, "Elia, the idea of art is to showcase one's self-expression. If that happens to be with flowers, frogs, fields, maybe even with books , I think the idea of it all is truly wonderful. Who knows, maybe one day Hani will become a famous book painter," Naomi laughed followed by the hidden giggles of everyone other than Hani.

"I'd rather write books than draw them," they said with a stubborn tone.

"She's just joking Hani, everyone gets their turn to be the butt of the joke," Arie smiled.

Hmm, my friend group might be chaotic but I'll always love them, Hani chuckled to themselves.

Art class ended five minutes later and the girls made their way to the cafeteria for lunch. After each person got their food, they walked to the quad.

While Naomi was walking through the halls, something caught her attention.

Naomi waved to her friends, "Guys, come look at this poster," she told them, signaling for everyone to come around her.

"An art competition being held at Alfea," Hani read aloud.

Ariadne pushed her way through to view the poster, "Wait, an art contest? Naomi, you have to compete in that!" she protested.

"I don't know guys, my art is great but not good enough for a competitive contest like that ," she replied.

"Even if you don't win, it'll still be fun. As your best friends, we'll cheer you on," Elia said, elbowing Naomi.

"Well, if you think so, I just might," she told everyone, "But, I need to think about it."

"So not a definitive no or yes?" Hani asked her.