A Solarian Ball

"We've been training him for hours, what more can we possibly do?" Naomi tirelessly asked the group. They were walking back to their dorm room after a long night of endless training.

"I'm not sure, but he still doesn't seem ready yet!" Elia cried, "He still hasn't mastered his winx state!"

Six days before the Solarian Ball, Frankie had started learning magic from the girls of Alfea, and today was their last day of training. Three days prior, Elia and Frankie had set up a plan a few days before that they weren't willing to tell anyone but themselves.

"Okay but why can't we know the plan!" Hani exclaimed, "For Alfea's sake! I'm the planner! I can help you and Frankie if only you'd let me be involved!"

Elia turned to face Hani. "Like I told you, it's too dangerous to let you all be a part of it. I don't want to put that kind of pressure on you for everyone to participate," Elia snapped.

"Did you even tell Fran? Because that'd be even worse. She's basically your girlfriend after all," Ariadne questioned. Elia had grown some distance from her once good "friend" Francis after she insisted she should know the plan following Elia's refusal to tell them.

Elia paused, staring into Ariande's eyes. "No, for your information I did not tell Fran. And by the way my relationship with Fran is none of your business. Gosh I hate it when you act like a love sick matchmaker!" she yelled.

"Sorry! I was just trying to help!" Ariande exclaimed.

"What's with the awful mood?" Naomi trembled.

"Ugh! Just leave me alone!" Elia ran off to the nearest room and locked the door. She was hiding from her problems, something as a little kid she swore to never do.

--

It was no understatement that the girls had no idea of how to handle Elia. Why wasn't she willing to tell the plan? Was it really all that dangerous?

"There, I picked the lock," Hani whispered, "We should be able to go in now"

"And before we go in," Ariadne started, "Do not take out your anger on Elia. I'm sure she's just under terrible pressure for whatever this plan is about."

They creeped in slowly like tiny, quiet cat paws walking in the depths of moonlight. They walked in and saw Elia fast asleep. Her breathing was kept under a steady rate with her messy orange hair spread around her pillow. Sleep was the only time where Elia could keep her hurtful thoughts at rest. Her friends did not want to disturb her, leaving the room to get some rest too.

Naomi crawled to her bed that sat directly across Elia's bed while Hani and Ariadne quietly shut the door and went to their suite of the room. One would hope all the fairies were dreaming of peace and tranquility but all were worrying about the possibly terrible fate of the Solarian Ball for that very next evening.

The sun arose along with Elia who had been constantly awoken during the night from a large array of nightmares. Most went along the lines of failing to do what she promised most. You'll become a fairy in no time. She could not fail no matter what obstacles were to be thrown at her.

She waited for the three other girls to wake during the early light of the morning. Little by little, each got up and sat down by Elia to discuss the fight they had the previous night.

Naomi was the first to start. "Elia is there something you want to tell us?" she asked with remorse in her eyes.

Elia straightened up, looking heartbroken over her actions that hasty night. She explained to the girls the reason behind her secrecy and apologized for the wrath she had placed on the girls the other night. "I'm under too much stress and pressure to think straight. Every time I think I have control over a matter, it crumbles to pieces like a broken cookie. I'll always be doomed to fail."