Tell Me More

Sitting in a dark room, he was waiting for his future to unfold. What could ever go wrong?

Faragonda starred in front of him. She had a stern look on her face. "Prince Frank, why do you want to be a fairy?" Faragonda asked.

No response. There was something else on his mind. She waited.

"Frank? Are you still with me?" she questioned furthermore, "Tell me dear, what is it that makes you want to be a fairy? Tell me from the bottom of your heart. Tell me more. "

Tell me more, Frank thought as he circled the three words in his head, Tell me more.

Flashback:

Muffled sounds came to his mind.

"Frankie! Frankie!" someone exclaimed into his face.

He heard more noises coming from the same area as before. Frankie slowly opened his eyes to see a past he had long forgotten.

She called again, "Frank! Are you even listening to me?" He saw a girl sitting in front of him with short orange hair staring back at him with her deep blue eyes.

"Elia," he murmured upon the realization, "Elia! It's really you."

"Are you okay? I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes!"

He rubbed his eyes, "Yeah, sorry I've been out of it lately."

She sat next to him, talking in a more serious tone, "What's been bothering you? Is it that fairy thing again?"

"Yes it is. Except this time I know for sure my destiny is to be a fairy, I'm just worried—"

"Well, be a fairy," Elia interrupted, "Why can't you apply to Alfea? You'd totally get in given your intelligence and passion for magic. What's stopping you? Just try! What could go wrong—"

Frankie cut in, "Elia, You don't understand, my parents would never be up for that! I'd crush their dreams if I went there! My whole life they've always craved for me to be a specialist, craved for me to date women, and you know what? I want none of that!"

"I'm so sorry, it was just an idea. I was trying to help—"

"No, I should be the one apologizing to you. It was never my intention to take out all this anger on you."

They stood in silence. Frankie was the first to speak, "Maybe I'll listen to your advice and ask my parents if they'd be open for me to study at Alfea. It can't hurt if I don't try."

"Yeah, who knows what will happen? If they initially say no, just tell them more."

--

"Prince Frank of Solaria! Wake up!" Faragonda exclaimed.

He stared into her eyes, "Oh, I-I'm so sorry Headmistress Faragonda, I didn't mean to ignore your calls. I was just in this weird sort of dream or vision thing... it was very confusing—"

"A vision?" she questioned, "I knew this would happen. Your body is unlocking a memory it kept away as a form of protection. There's a reason why you've felt so much fear of asking others permission to become a fairy. It's because you've tried before... I just wish you'd tell me more."

--

"And that's why I want to go to Alfea for my high school studies. I've never had a passion to become a specialist. Please let me carry out my dream of becoming a fairy," Frankie told his parents.