Listen To Me

"Where is she? Where is Elia?" Fran stammered.

They paced around the hallway frantically. Their squad had been called down to Solaria for a rescue mission. She'd never realized it was to rescue her friends from the Madox Triplets. And above all, her closest "friend" was hurt.

She made her way to the room where Elia was resting.

"Elia—" they trembled. Fran walked to her bed and held her hand. "I should have never have abandoned you that night."

Flashback:

Fran waited outside of their usual spot, waiting for her to arrive. Her and her very close friend met up each Friday for small romantic dates. Elia was running late today.

A few minutes passed but finally, she arrived.

"Fran, I can't stay for long."

Fran paused, seeking to know more about her delay. "Why? What happened?."

Elia took a deep breath. "It's about Frankie. We're trying to make a plan to help him become a fairy. I was wondering if you'd like to help us out."

"What's the plan?" they asked.

"Well, there's a Solarian Ball seven days from now. We're going to attract the Madox Triplets to come over, Frankie will battle them and win and his parents will be convinced to let him go to Alfea," she explained.

Fran was shocked. "Are you out of your mind? You're going to get hurt if you attract the Madox Triplets to that ball! Frankie hasn't even mastered his specialist skills, how would he ever be able to defeat them all alone? The Madox Triplets are master witches, they've been fighting since the beginning of time," Fran placed her hands on Elia's shoulders, "I can't let you do that, it's a bad idea. Please don't do this, listen to me."

Elia backed away from Fran's grasp. "Fran, what's your problem? If I'm willing to be your secret romantic interest then you should be willing to help me with whatever I need. You said you'll always be there for me."

"Yeah, but not for this apparent death trap!" Fran yelled.

Elia backed away even more. "Well, it's the only chance we have to rescue Frankie from his deplorable situation at Red Fountain," she cried, "I'm doing it for my friend."

Fran stopped to look Elia in the eyes. "Aren't there any other options you can choose other than getting you and Frankie hurt? Please, don't get mad. I'm just trying to protect you —"

Their inquiring only led to worse conflict, "Protecting me!" she repeated, "Protecting me! You just sound like mother and father when they make up excuses for why they locked me in a castle my whole life! I was completely isolated, Frankie was the only one there for me."

Fran insisted, "I still can't let you do that —"

"Well if you can't let me, Francis, then I think we shouldn't be a thing at all," Elia demanded.

Fran gasped at Elia's decision. "I think you're right, I'm sorry it has to end this way."

A long pause engulfed the room.

"I need to go," Elia said, smearing the tears falling from her eyes.

"Please, Elia, don't do it. Listen to me," they whispered to the empty forest.

End of flashback.

"Listen to me," she sobbed.

"Fran," Jesse spoke softly, "We're worried about you. You've been in this room for hours. Are you okay?"