Hani's Aroace Journey

Reading through the books Alfea's library had to offer, something continued to disturb their concentration. Rather, it was someone.

"Isn't he so dreamy, Hani?" Ariadne said while twirling around the room. She paused after the absent reply, " Akem, Hani are you even paying attention to what I'm talking about?"

Hani looked up at Ariadne, "Sorry Arie, I was busy looking through this book. What were you saying again?"

"Well what I was saying was... was.... It's not even important anymore. What the point is, you need to get your head out of books and talk to boys!" Ariadne told them while dramatically closing Hani's book.

"I don't have time for boys—"

"Sure you do!" she interrupted, "I know exactly what to do! I'll set you up on a date with a boy from Red Fountain."

"Arie, I appreciate your help, but I don't need romance in my life—"

"Oh come on Hani, everyone needs romance in their life. Even the flowers in my room have romance. Just do this one date and I'll leave you alone."

Hani made eye contact with Ariadne and shook her hand, "Deal."

--

The day Hani dreaded finally came, they felt no excitement whatsoever.

"So Fran and I will be there along with Jesse, who is your date," Elia mentioned to Hani. She felt the excitement in the room rise after mentioning the name Fran , "Guys, we'll just be hanging out as friends ," she clarified.

"Do you know anything about Jesse?" Hani asked Elia.

"Not really other than the fact he's in Fran's squad and was a misogynistic jerk. Fran told me he is a lot better now."

"Well that's just great," Hani muttered to themselves.

Elia came up to them to whisper something, "If it makes you feel any better, personally I don't see any romantic connection. Ariadne's just lost in her own world at the moment. Treat this as a platonic date and you'll be fine."

"Thanks Elia, I appreciate it."

--

Elia and Hani left Alfea to go to Magix where they'd meet up with Fran and Jesse. Once they met up, all four decided they'd get coffee at the Fairy's Brew.

Hani was the first to converse, "So, Jesse, do you have any... hobbies?"

"Not really, but usually each night I practice fighting with my dual swords.... What about you?"

"I like to read."

There was an awkward silence after their response.

"I think Fran and I have to go check on... something. Anyway, we'll be right back," Elia blurted out, taking Fran's hand and walking away.

"Psh, and Elia only sees Fran as a friend," Hani teased.

"Elia says that too? Fran says that as well, it gets on my nerves," Jesse laughed, "They're so oblivious, though I know one day each will realize the romance."

Hani stopped for a second, "You don't think I'm weird for not wanting any romance, do you?"

"Like none at all?"

"Yes, none at all. I just don't see a need for it."

"That's completely valid. Sometimes I feel that way but only toward girls. My biggest insecurity is I'm only attracted to men," Jesse explained.