Forbidden Love, Part 1

Elia felt whole while living in Alfea. She knew her days there would be filled with homework and studying to do, though to her it was much better than being isolated in a castle. Even so, she'd yet face an event that would change her life even more.

The event would not be all terrible; it would have hints of love and adventure. But it all depends on which lens a person uses and how it will affect their opinion on this rather controversial matter.

--

Elia and her roommates were sitting in the dining hall of Alfea eating breakfast. Elia had chosen sweet pastries for her meal and was sitting next to Ariadne, who was eating an omelet. Hani and Naomi were sitting in front. Everyone ate in silence, except for Ariadne, who was describing a dream she had last night.

"And then we get to the part where— are you guys even listening?" she asked the group, "Well, what I think the main message of this dream is we're going to fall in love tonight."

"With who? Professor Griselda?" Naomi asked in a snarky tone. Everyone started laughing, all except Ariadne who made an hmph sound from her dismay.

"Jokes on you, I'm never falling in love," Hani told the girls, "That kind of stuff is not worth it."

"I feel you. I hope to fall in love, but the process seems all too complicated!," Elia sighed, "There's like a million rules to courtship in royal society. I'd rather stay a celibate queen than deal with that none sense."

"I'm sure you'll find someone one day Elia. And Hani, that's totally valid to not want romance," Ariadne told them.

Hani was about to reply when Headmistress Feragonda stood up and gathered the girls' attention to make an announcement.

"If I can have everyone's attention," Feragonda gestured, "Classes are cancelled today as it is an Alfea tradition to host a dance on our second day of school. The specialists of Red Fountain and the witches of Cloudtower will be our guests. I expect everyone to help clean and decorate this school in preparation for the arrival of our visitors. Once you finish breakfast you may be dismissed," Feragonda said to the students.

"Nice! We don't have school today!" Ariadne exclaimed.

"You're happy about that? Please, I wish I could relate," Hani told her, "I was looking forward to Professor Wizgiz class on Metamorphosis."

"I mean, I agree with Ariadne. It's nice to have a day where we don't have to worry about schoolwork," Naomi said.

"You're already worried about schoolwork," Elia snarked, "I'm just glad to have the day off."

Maybe I'll be able to see Frankie. I haven't talked to him since the first day of school , Elia thought to herself.

"Well, we should probably head to our dorm rooms and get ready. I wouldn't want Feragonda to yell at us for being tardy," Naomi told the group. Everyone agreed and headed to their room.

--

Back at Red Fountain, the specialists had been told classes were cancelled for the day and that everyone was expected to attend the Alfea dance. Instead of doing a productive task, Fran's squad decided to sit around their room and do nothing at all. They were lounging about and if given the chance, would get up at the last minute to get ready for the dance.

"I thought more people would be excited," Derek asked his roommates.

"I mean, I would be but dragon training yesterday with Codatorta really tired me out," Izumi replied, "Even Fran is tired from that class."