Mission Frankie Becomes Fairy

With only a lamp lit and a small table, Hani and Elia were busy creating a plan that would convince Headmistress Faragonda to allow Frankie to become a student at Alfea. They had little time left to make it and execute it for the very next day.

Hani was the first to kick off the conversation, "Tell me Elia, why has Headmistress Faragonda has always pushed aside your proposition to allow Frankie to attend Alfea. And for him to become a fairy. Has she really ever said no?"

Elia thought to herself before replying, "It feels like I always catch her at the wrong time. Just when I think she is free and I can discuss it with her, she immediately walks out of her office, leaving me alone in the hallway. She tells me some sort of excuse but part of me believes she makes something up to fill a story... like she doesn't want to talk about our issue in the first place."

"Hmm, that is very interesting. Was there ever time when you could get a word out to her?" Hani asked in a hushed whisper.

Elia sighed, "Yes once, but it was on the first day of school. Let's just say I handled it... roughly."

Flashback, Elia's POV:

I was so immature on that first day of school, I was a self-entitled brat from Eraklyon that would stop at nothing to get her way. I guess you could blame it on my insecurities.

When I first met you all, I was actually enjoying my life for once. Mom and dad limited how many friends I could have growing up, always saying they were doing it for my own good; that rule putting a strain on my mental health.

But once I got to Alfea, I started making more friends and socialized with new people. Meeting and talking to my roommates turned out to be lots of fun, I'd never been so happy in my life! Though, I caught myself distracted from the important issue I promised to address.

'Frankie.'

I decided I'd sneak away from my roommates and go to Ms. Faragonda's office. Just to my luck, she was inside doing paperwork, where she gladly welcomed me in.

I walked inside and took a seat, "Hello Headmistress Faragonda, my name is Elia and I come from the realm of Eraklyon. I was wondering if I could have a moment of your time to discuss something... important," I told her with a nervous grin.

She stared at me for a few seconds before venturing, "Hmm Elia that's your name... why I knew your parents when they studied at Alfea and Red Fountain. I was one of the toughest mentors to your mother. Do you think you could ever stack up to their expertise?"

I felt no hesitation when replying to her question, "Of course I could be as strong and as noble as them, Headmistress Faragonda, but I'm not here to talk about my parents. I'm here to talk about my friend."

"Go on," she told me with an intrigued face. I decided I'd tell her everything, from his story, his family, his passion, and his dream. Including everything but his name. Quickly enough, I started to realize a problem with the way I started to describe him as a person.

Faragonda cut me off, "I'm going to stop you there Princess Elia. You see, Alfea is a school for fairies and we do not admit boys to our campus. Boys cannot become fairies. I don't care who this person is but I must say no to your request."

I was shocked, confused, and bitter at Headmistress Faragonda's decision, I couldn't believe my ears! I'd practice so hard to say everything right and all I get is a firm no? This is when my immaturity played out in the worst way possible.

"What do you mean, no? And why does it matter that he's a boy? Maybe you should know that this boy is Prince Frank of Solaria. Just like me, his mom was an Alfea legend too. Right now, Frankie is stuck at Red Fountain studying to be a specialist which is a subject he feels absolutely no passion for! You can't just be so heartless to leave him there!" I exclaimed. I could see the shock in Ms. Faragonda's eyes; she never realized I was talking about Stella's son.