{ 38 } 💃🏻

« 10/5/18 - 1:08 p.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

No, the simple answer right? The answer that takes less than a second to spit out to someone I wouldn't want to spend a second of my time with?

But then again there's that other side of my brain that reminds me that I was overreacting. My mind just seemed to start conditioning itself to feel negative towards someone if Aiden has had the same reactions. I may dislike people in general, but there's no reason to ruin a project that hasn't even started.

Letting my grade in French continue to go at a rapid decline wasn't worth all this.

"Vincent?"

I shook my head, finally looking Lucas over with a sigh. "I can come over." Reluctantly.

His eyes lit up. "Really?"

A glance at Aiden and I could already see the blank look on his face, talking to Mich with no emotion.

He was overreacting too, I remind myself. He can handle me making my own decisions.

It was a minor incident, maybe a major one in Aiden's eyes, but I can't just judge someone based on someone else's own judgment.

We've barely started dating, besides.

"Really."

It's not like I'm trying to paint Aiden a bad picture in my own mind or anyone else's. He was going too far earlier. Even now. Won't look me in the eyes as if it's my fault that I got randomly paired with Lucas. The chances of us being paired together happily are close to zero, just like it's been with every project I've done in a class with Jack in the past.

Maybe he had a point. Something didn't feel right.

♡ ♡ ♡

I shut the door behind me quickly, letting the empty atmosphere calm me down from such a shitty day. I had the house to myself and hell, the thought of it made me wish the day didn't leave off on such a bad note.

While my brother was at a friend's place, my parents were at work, as usual. They haven't been speaking to me a lot lately, so even if they were home, it would still feel like there was no one there with me.

If Aiden's unnecessary silence during the walk home didn't make me so uncomfortable, I would've asked him to come over. It would've been an ideal way to lie with him until it wasn't. We parted ways just a few seconds ago when he went to his house and I stumbled off to mine, the negative aura between us almost loud. It just didn't feel worth it.

Besides all that, I had extra French homework worksheets–upon the fucking project–that I couldn't just ignore. Mrs. Demissy "believed in me" to save my plummeting grades. As if homework was going to help me do any better in this god-forbidden class.

I could ask Aiden to come over and help me, but I didn't want to bother him more than I already was. And I don't want to have to tell him after around an hour that he had to leave because I was meeting up with . . . Lucas.

Google's there for me anyway.

I raid my own pantry before treading up the stairs, my bag slung over my shoulder and my thoughts messy. The floor was creaking obnoxiously under my feet, and the volume of it made the house feel more empty than it already was. Maybe my dreams were making me more paranoid with each step.