{ 32 }

« 10/2/18 - 1:58 p.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

Have you ever felt the feeling of cuddling with the most amazing person in the world?

'Cause, holy shit. Aiden's so comfortable.

His bedroom was nicely lit up, window curtains pulled slightly, the sun gently shining inside. We were listening to my songs now, the usual ones that I'd listen to on a daily basis no matter my mood.

That included Alec Benjamin's "Water Fountain."

His arm was wrapped around me while my face was beside his neck, eyes closed, taking in everything almost like it would never happen again. And who knows? You never know what could happen in a minute, or a day, maybe even a week that'll never let me enjoy a moment like this again. What mattered was I got to be here now.

"So do your parents know?" I heard Aiden ask after a few moments of calming silence.

I shook my head. "You?"

"Too scared," he whispered. "They'd be disappointed, probably. My parents have never mentioned anything about sexuality before but I'd never gotten a good impression from them."

"Same here," I told him. As I spoke, Aiden's hands began running through my hair, triggering me to trace circles on his bare chest. "But James knows. So does Andrew."

"Wait--Andrew knows?"

"Why are you so surprised?" I asked.

"N- nothing," Aiden stuttered almost immediately. It seemed like a topic that would bother him if I pushed on about it, so I let it go.

I craned my neck to look up at him and chuckled softly.

It took a while before Aiden met my eyes too. "How long?" I asked as soon as I was met with his ocean blue irises.

"What do you mean?" he whispered back.

"Have you known?"

"What?"

"Or realized?"

"What?"

"That you're gay," I continued, somewhat trying to avoid using that word even though there was no reason to. It's not like I knew if he was bisexual or not so I thought the hesitation was at least a little necessary.

Aiden looked back up at the ceiling as the song "do re mi" by blackbear filled the room. "The end of eighth-grade," he said, letting a smirk take over his face. "I was watching Captain America: Civil War and realized that I found Captain America more attractive than Black Widow."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" he asked with an offended tone. "What's your special story, Vinnie?"

"Honestly . . . ," I trailed. "After Carter's party."

"You mean the one where you and Tessa started dating," he laughed.

"The one where you held my hand and helped me get through with it no matter how scared I was. The one where you took care of me after I got drunk. Do you not remember how you were literally eye-fucking me while we made out with different girls?"