{ 25 }

« 9/21/18 - 3:12 p.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

"Serena, stop being suicidal," Aiden groaned.

She folded her arms over her chest and shrugged. "What? I'm just saying that 'if you don't get an A+ on this project, you'll die' isn't a good threat because I don't care if I do," Serena retorts.

Seriously, for the whole hour we've been at her house, we only got a sentence worth of work done.

Lily and I haven't even started adding any text because we spent the last thirty minutes fighting over the theme, colors, pictures, and fonts.

I was probably the most distracted between the rest of them. My mind kept on wandering back to what Aiden had said in the locker room when we were alone. Yeah, he was definitely oblivious. Like, seriously, could he not tell from the way I kissed him that it did the opposite of making me uncomfortable. I thought that I could finally be comfortable with him.

It meant shit. Shit.

Andrew and Serena were more focused on the project than us. They actually got somewhere with their text since they didn't fight about anything and had the same styles and standards when it came to Google Slides.

Meanwhile, Aiden did exactly what he was told to do; crack jokes and be the entertainer of the group. He's the real reason they weren't working. I, on the other hand, didn't give him the attention, because I knew that if I did, I would give in and start falling in love all over again, which is a cycle that I can't get trapped in anymore. My brother really taught me that.

"Ooh!" Serena suddenly perks up from behind her laptop. Those lovey-dovey eyes take over once again, and we all groan in exhaustion from only hearing about Carter, when we knew it was about to happen again.

"What happened this time?" Lily muttered.

"Carter gave me a nickname. We sit next to each other in that Web Designing class with Mrs. Quill. Vincent's in there too," she said while nodding over to me. "We were joking around during class and he accidentally said my last name wrong so he started calling me all sorts of stuff and came up with something funny to call me by. And he's the only one-"

"Okay," Andrew cut her off. "That's enough of that."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, I'm not gonna tell you or else you'll start calling me that too, and, inevitably there'll be a lot of teasing. I'm not here for that type of bull, okay?" Serena said. "Besides, Carter-"

"Serena," Andrew said again. "Hush. No more Carter. Please. I think I speak for all of us when I say, 'Please don't say that pretty rich boy's name again.'"

Serena gave him a mocking look and stuck her tongue out.

"Nicknames can mean a lot, you know," Aiden said. "And if I like you enough, I literally won't allow anyone else to say it, trust me on that."

He gave me a side-glance, to which I didn't give him the reaction he was probably expecting. His familiar frown started to reappear on his face. "Alright, Vinnie, what the hell is wrong this time? I thought everything was fine."