{ 5 }

***

School went by quickly. It was just like yesterday, but nowhere near as eventful. Each class I went to, I walked with someone, Aiden or Jack. But every time I would walk with Aiden, Jack looked pissed. I did my best to ignore him. I always thought, oh, maybe he's just jealous. Because every single time I get another friend other than him, he gets infuriated, even though he's the one that tells me I need to find more friends in the first place. I mean, it happened with Andrew in second grade so I wouldn't be surprised. But this time, Jack was off. At lunch, he acted perfectly "normal." He talked to Aiden like they were friends. And I didn't even bother telling Aiden what Jack told me. Yet. All I saw when Jack was with Aiden was fake, fake, fake, fake, fake. Jack was acting so fake. I wondered if that was how he was acting around me too.

I told Aiden and Jack that I couldn't walk with them today, but Jack made up a stupid excuse so he wouldn't have to walk with Aiden alone. It pissed me off that Jack was so mad at Aiden and I. All I did was forget. Once! Sure, I feel bad, but I just wish that Jack wouldn't act like a such a bitch for every little thing I did. But that wasn't the only thing I hated about him. I was walking to French with Aiden sometime after sixth period. Not too far from our class, I saw Allison flirting with Jack. She twirled hair in her index finger and was looking right into Jack's eyes. But Jack let all of it happen. He even looked like he was enjoying it. Yet, he knows how I feel about her! Heck, everyone should know how I feel about her. Because most people feel the exact same way!

The last bell of the day had already wrung and I was at my locker, sorting some things out. It was already the second day of school and I hadn't even opened it until now. I spent yesterday bringing my backpack everywhere with me. But the amount of things in there made it hard to carry. I swear I could feel some back problems starting up.

I waited for Andrew in the commons, where we agreed to meet up. It didn't take him long to get there, and I was grateful for that, after knowing how annoying it was to wait only over ten minutes for someone like I had to do with Aiden.

"Hey, Vincent," he said as he ran up to me. "Sorry I took awhile. I had to get something from my locker, and it's far."

"It's fine," I told him. "Aiden had to make me wait longer before."

Andrew laughed.

Soon, I second-guessed telling him about the realistic dream. There were some parts I wanted to leave out because of how weird it sounded. I didn't want him to think my mind was all bad. But there were also some parts that I needed him to help me with. Like what it was supposed to mean. And especially what Serena was trying to say. The word that started with a 'D'. The so-called reality. The thing that was supposed to describe whatever was going on with Aiden and I. I've never thought of a reasonable answer, though. And that's what Andrew was for.

But I didn't want to tell him things like, what my mom said she thought about me before when Jack first came into my life. I didn't want to tell him about Aiden and I tackling each other. About Aiden holding my hand and how concerned I was for my mom to see it. Cutting all of those out of my story, I pulled myself together and continued, ready to tell him everything.

Andrew and I left the school and went out to town square. Unsurprisingly, we weren't the only ones from our grade there.

We didn't buy anything else but food. The two of us spent most of the time hanging out outside and sitting on a bench, talking about other interesting things. I tried stalling.