{ 36 }

« 10/4/18 - 3:29 p.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

"I'm going to punch you."

"You wouldn't dare."

"You literally drank all of my coffee while I was taking a shit."

"I got bored."

"You little asshole-"

A loud slam coming from the café doors forced Aiden and I's attention away from each other, causing me to let out an annoyed groan. As soon as I soon the person standing there-who was apologizing to everyone in the café for making such a loud noise-my eyes widened.

"James, what the hell are you doing here?" I almost yelled, lowering my voice after realizing there were still people surrounding us. "You willingly said you'd cover for me earlier but now you're here risking me getting caught again."

James only sighed. "I got bored and went looking for you. You weren't at Town Square so I drove to Target. But then you weren't there, so I just assumed you were here. And you are!"

"Got bored? James, do you know how much trouble I'm going to-"

"Kidding," he interrupted. I rolled my eyes. "Vincent, it's a joke. Mom and dad left to do groceries and they're probably not gonna be home for another hour or so."

"Okay," I muttered, looking him up and down, still confused as to why he was with Aiden and me. "Then what are you doing here?"

"To see you two," he answered with a grin. "You guys are the cutest."

"James get out."

Aiden was watching from the side and let out a chuckle when he saw our bickering. "Let him call us cute," he says, flicking his eyes toward me. His arm flung around my shoulder and pulled me to his side. "Aren't we?"

I shrunk under his touch, trying to inch out of his grasp while I still could.

As James ignored my measly attempt at escaping, he grinned and continued, "You guys are. But I won't bother you. I'm tracking mom and dad's phones so I can bring you both home before they can notice we're gone. In the meantime . . ." he leans in for a second. "I'll drive you wherever you guys want."

Aiden and I exchange glances at James' words.

"Wait, really?" I ask, my anger somewhat fading away.

"Yes."

Aiden and I share that same look again.

"I don't get why you keep on complaining about him," Aiden mumbles. "I have more respect for your brother than I do for you."

"I'm going to hit you."

"And yet you still haven't."

"Okay," my brother interrupts. "Am I driving you somewhere or not?"

I stuck my tongue out at Aiden before he did the same to me.