{ 20 }

« 9/17/18 - 2:30 p.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

"Be at my house at six," I told Aiden before he descended into his home.

The day was average. It was as if last evening didn't exist. One moment, I'm holding his hand. The next, he's third-wheeling Tessa and me. I'd really rather have it be the other way around, but then I wouldn't be talking to her at all. And I'm okay with that.

I still didn't have a present for him. I knew him for a while but I've never really known what he would want. And I've been stupid enough to pass up all of my chances in asking him.

My plan was to take my fifty dollars to Target and see whatever the hell I could find in that place, with the slightest bit of hope that I'll find something that Aiden might like. Otherwise, I'd feel terrible.

I told my mom that I was going on a Target run, and thankfully enough, James was nice enough to offer driving me.

At the store, I was surrounded by things that I wanted for myself, but there was nothing there that I could give to Aiden. James searched with me and suggested many different things, but all of them weren't right. I wanted to give the guy something special.

James and I meandered throughout the store, searching every shelf, looking at everything that seemed like it could prove any importance to Aiden.

And I wasn't only confused about what to give him, I was confused about him. He was holding my hand the other day while Andrew told me that Aiden's straight. He almost kissed me once. But every time something happens between us, we go through the days as if nothing ever happened and we don't dare bring it up. It would be wrong to call him one thing. Maybe bisexual? Still. I told Andrew to be genuine with me every time I update him on what happens between Aiden and me, and he always comes up with: he's straight.

Yesterday Andrew was constantly eyeing Aiden and me as we had our fingers interlocked on the floor behind us. He gave me teasing smirks. But not just me. He was teasing Aiden about it too! What if-though it's dumb-Aiden likes me, and he's telling Andrew about it. No two friends just hold hands for fun. Well, actually, girls do. But we're not girls. And I'm not just going to tell him that I like him. The world doesn't revolve around me, so what if I'm just overreacting?

I push the negative thoughts out of my head. I swear I've already walked around Target twice and nothing came to mind. I haven't been in Aiden's room long enough nor talked about enough that would help me know what he's interested in. Every conversation is just an opportunity for me to stare at him.

I've seen him wear a bunch of black and white clothing before. My personal favorite is his white ripped jeans with a black t-shirt. Sometimes there would be accents of thin rainbow stripes across the sleeve or the waist edge on his black jeans where that usual Calvin Klein would be showing. I'm not obsessed, just observant.

Target wasn't the place to find many of these types of clothes. But every single time I were to get Jack a present, I would get him about five graphic tees that were twice his size because he was in love with them. Funny how he was wearing them while stabbing me in the back and making out with Allison Baker.

As I gazed over the multiple t-shirts that lay in front of me-with the designs of video games, superhero movies, and some very inappropriate choices-I couldn't find anything that fit Aiden. I let out a loud groan once I was done.