{ 37 }

« 10/5/18 - 6:49 a.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

"Please take care of him today," I overheard my brother telling Aiden in the kitchen.

I scoffed while looking at them. "I can take care of myself," I muttered, stuffing the last bite of cereal into my mouth.

That was close to a lie.

Last night I had another nightmare. It was the second one ever since the weird shit that happened yesterday afternoon.

I think I woke up around exactly three in the morning, and I didn't go back to sleep since. Which explains why I was acting in such a pissy mood while hearing my brother asking Aiden to "take care of me."

Yeah, I have no problem with Aiden watching over me. I just hate that my brother made it sound like I was a baby that didn't know what to do for myself. Though, at the moment, maybe that statement wasn't so false.

I remember sweating last night, my breath getting shaky, my heart pounding in my ears. It didn't stop even when I woke up. My brother had to run to my room last night to keep me from going insane.

I look toward the two again and refrain from rolling my eyes. "Are you done talking to Aiden like he's my babysitter?" I said with the usual annoyance in my voice.

James glared at me before bringing his attention back to Aiden and giving him a sweet smile. A whisper was shared here and there, but I just assumed they were talking about how important it was to take care of me until I heard Aiden let out a giggle.

"You guys done?" My loud voice distracted them. I threw my backpack over my shoulder while I slowly stood from the couch, leaving the empty bowl I ate from on the coffee table. "We're gonna be late," I mumbled, turning to the door.

"We're not done yet," Aiden called after me.

"Then be done."

♡ ♡ ♡

Our friend group happened to calm down after what happened. Serena and Lily finally stopped annoying Aiden and me after we gave them a "talk." Andrew was being Andrew and trying to act all high and mighty for "knowing" before the girls did.

We were chill, I guess.

All of us sat at lunch together, talking about some random shit before Andrew started to grab his backpack and leave. Lunch wasn't even close to over yet.

"Where are you going this time?" Lily groaned, noticing how Andrew seemed surprised we saw him going. As if he didn't make the loudest noise trying to get off of the bench in the first place.

"Just . . ." He looked past Lily as his voice trailed off. His eyes were obviously following someone and he took forever to snap back to reality. "Uh, gotta use the bathroom."

"And you're bringing your backpack?" Aiden asked, his brows furrowed.

"Yes?"

Andrew's eyes travel away again as he walked on. I tried looking the way he kept glancing but all I saw was a cluster of other students talking and eating.

The four of us shared similar looks once Andrew was long gone. He wasn't even walking in the direction of the cafeteria bathrooms but we knew he was lying so there was no point in trying to get it out of him now.