{ 11 }

« 8/30/18 - 6:05 p.m. »

^^skrt skrt . . . y'all- andrew looking- phew 🥵

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly. Jack apologized to me about the way he reacted with Aiden, but he still spent an extraneous amount of time with Allison. The dude insisted that he brought her with us. I had to say yes because I didn't want him to totally ignore me again. James, on the other hand, has been acting really supportive for the past few days, and Andrew and I would be hanging out frequently, researching more shit about the premonition dreams, which happened less since Monday.

Now it was Friday, and Jack, Andrew, and I were at Aiden's house getting ready for Carter's party. I asked Aiden if I could borrow some more clothes since everything in my closet wasn't something I'd want to wear to a party. He, of course, lent me something to wear.

I threw on a bunch of Aiden's clothes, then taking them back off to try something else. I was hogging the bathroom at the time and all three of them wouldn't stop yelling at me to hurry up.

Finally, I found a nice white tee that fit with a black and white plaid jacket loosely hanging on my shoulders.

When I left the bathroom, Andrew and Jack ran in, playing with each other's hair and messily brushing it. Looks like Jack finally learned to feel comfortable with Andrew. I smiled when I watched them until I heard a familiar husky voice coming from behind me.

"Vinnie?"

I turned around and saw that Aiden was holding up two different t-shirts. He looked back and forth to each one, then back at me.

"Which one do you think I should wear?" he asked.

I slowly walked towards him and examined the two articles of clothing. Both of them were black and big for him, I could only imagine how good it'd look. The one on the right had a few small yet stylish holes on them. It looked like something Carter would wear. The one on the left looked exactly the same, but at each end of the shirt was a line of a rainbow. Knowing that I declined the rainbow choice last time, I pointed to it.

"That one," I tell him. He looks at me and grins.

What's with him and rainbows?

Aiden threw the other shirt back onto his bed and asks me to close the door. I do, but ask him why. His response was, "So I can change."

Confusion fell over my face. "But I'm in the room with you-"

Before I could do anything about it, Aiden pulled his shirt over his head and let it plop to the floor. My eyes widen in shock when my face is met with his six-pack. It wasn't intense, but hell, he works out. I knew my face was burning red but I couldn't look away.

Finally breaking me out of my trance, Aiden spoke up. "Liking what you see?" he teases.

I immediately look up to his face and my face flushes a deep scarlet from more embarrassment.

A smirk plays on his lips. "You know, Vinnie, if you keep staring at me like that, we might not be able to make it to the party." Aiden shoots me another sly wink and the blushing just intensifies. Why was I feeling this way with him? Is it because of the premonition dreams? Or is he the reason I'm having them?

I broke out of my thoughts when Jack and Andrew, still giggling uncontrollably, burst into the room.

But they stopped dead in their tracks when they saw Aiden standing directly in front of me, only a foot away, shirtless.

"Shit, Vinnie, you should've locked the door," I heard Aiden mutter under his breath. He took a step back from me and looked at the two brunettes, who's jaws were still dropped.

Finally, Jack built up the courage to say something, "Were you two-?"

Aiden and I exchange glances then look back at them. "No, god, I was just changing," Aiden says. That doesn't change the annoying look on their faces.

"Yeah, like, a foot away from him while amorously staring into each other eyes," Andrew remarks. "I mean I guess I do that too when I change. Only when I'm looking in the mirror though."

I couldn't help but let a snicker escape my mouth.

"I mean, we can go if you want," Jack says, slowly picking up Andrew as he stands up.

Aiden glares hardly at him, and they quickly drop back down onto the bed. "Fuck, just stay here!" he practically yells. "I think it's clear we're both straight, right, Vinnie?"

I nod slowly, but my eyes travel to Andrew. When the words left Aiden's mouth, Andrew started to stare at the floor. His face was covered in guilt. And Jack, well, his body was still attached to Andrew. Last time I checked, Jack hated Andrew, and he ditched me for Allison. But hey, it's whatever.

It honestly felt weird hanging out with four people. I usually just spend most of my time with Jack. Especially for the past six years, it was only Jack. And now, we were going to the party with Serena and Lily. Damn. I don't know if it should make me happy or scared that everything is coming together.

"Fuck, I don't think I can do this," I mutter under my breath, taking deep breaths. I looked at Carter's mansion as James pulled into the driveway. You could see the party from here. A part of me earlier forgot about my social anxiety. "I think I'm gonna have an anxiety attack."

I saw the crowd of people all over his house, and since it was pretty early, you could see Carter greeting some people as they came in.

I shut my eyes and took some deep breaths. The last thing I want to do is go to a party with a lot of people that I have to socialize with. I'm an introvert for christ's sake. I don't do people. But I didn't want to seem like a wimp, especially since Lily, Serena, and Allison were all in the car with us.

I kept staring at the door until I saw Tessa walk in. By then I didn't care about the girls that were in the car. "Shit, can't I just go back home? You guys go in without me."

Through the rear-view mirror, I could see James rolling his eyes. I looked down at my feet in embarrassment. I didn't have to look back at Allison to see her glassy judging eyes. I just knew.

I felt someone grab at my hand, holding it with both of his. His thumb ran over my fingers and tingles shot through my body. The feel of his touch was something I could easily distinguish out of a hundred people.

"Vinnie," Aiden whispers, directly in my ear. "It's okay." He ran his hands through my hair and smiled. "I'll take care of you. And when you tell me that you feel comfortable talking to other people, I'll leave you to it. But if you feel uncomfortable after a few minutes, just tell me, and I'll bring you back to my house. Okay?"

I nodded slowly, finally calming myself down. I stared at the house again, more people piling in by the second. My body tenses up.

Aiden squeezes my hand when he catches me looking. "Hey," he said with a soft voice. "Don't overthink it."

Or should I also make a book based on Jack?? I don't know but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna start this series and call it Amour or some shiz because of my obsession with French oop.

Also the next chapter's gonna be a rollercoaster so like have fun reading it ;)

No, that winky face doesn't mean something good is gonna happen.