Chapter 6

Chapter 6  

I got dressed and walked back into the room he wasn't there and I relaxed. I saw my belongings and went to get it. My phone rang and I saw it was Timmy. I answered and at that moment Wayne came in. 

Timmy asked that I come into work and if I could come as soon as possible. I ended the call and sighed. 

"Who was on the phone?" Wayne asked. I just looked at him. Really?  

I smiled at Wayne. "I have to get to work thank you for everything. I owe you." 

He smirked, "you sho do. But can you work in your condition? Why don't you eat something before you leave." he folded his arms and I noticed he was chewing gum and it made him look so sexy. 

I bit my lip, "I'm fine I'll cope. Thanks for offering something to eat but I'll eat something at work." He frowned I've made a huge faux pas of declining his offer but I need to get out here. I then realised, "my clothes." 

"Leave it here." he said. 

I nodded, "okay I'll fetch them some other time." 

"I didn't say you could fetch them." he stated. 

I glared at him, "it's my clothes." 

"Yeah and it will be staying here for next time." 

I looked at him in shock and shook my head. "I can't deal with this now. I have to go and again thank you a lot." 

He smiled, "the pleasure is all mine but let me at least take you to work."  

I shook my head and have people talk. Oh hell nah, "thanks again but the walk will do me good." I was about to walk out of the room when he pulled me to him and kissed me.  

I pulled away and he spoke, "you know very well it's rude to decline my help but I'll let it go for now." He had an expression on his face I didn't recognise. "You take care now. You really had me scared last night." 

I nodded and smiled, "I will promise. I gotta go. Thanks again." 

I walked out and he followed. "What man will I'll be if I don't walk you out?"  

We said our byes and he walked me to the gate. I really hope no one sees me. Hopefully they're at church.  

I walked in the direction of work and lit a cigarette. I couldn't help but think on how neat and clean his house was. I shook my head and when I reached the corner of his street. I saw Wayne's mom's car turn the corner into his street. She saw me and glared at me. Whatever old bitch.  

I called Aunt Diane to let her know I was fine and that I was going to work.

I entered the diner and greeted everyone. Leshawn was at the bar and whistled when he saw.  

"Well I can definitely see you were laying out hard last night." I went to him and he frowned when he stood next to him. "How and why did you get off on a Saturday? That's unheard of." 

I shook my head, "I don't know. I aint complaining. Could you make something hot? A hot soup, hot chicken wings and serve it with some cornbread please."  

He gave me a knowing look. Hot and spicy food was the only thing that helped me recover. "Sho will do love."  

I clocked in and started with orders Leshawn brought my food. I said thanks and he left for the kitchen again not before pouring himself a drink.  

I washed my hands and smelled my food. Smells delicious. I started eating and someone complained.  

I glared at him "listen here you fool. If you want me to perform at my best. You'll let eat my food. I also don't remember asking you money to eat this. So shut up and drink." He did as I said.