Chapter 30

A/N

Warning! Mature content.

Chapter 30

I was looking at the two blue eyes glaring at me. I could see the anger in them.

The owner sighed and took a drag of her cigarette and blew the smoke out slowly. I looked at Beau and saw annoyance written all over his face. He folded his arms and sighed. I turned to look at Aunt Diane again.

Aunt Diane then spoke, "let me get this clear. Ya'll want me to get on an aeroplane, to Texas right?"

Beau and I answered, "Yes mam."

She nodded, "to do what?"

I sighed and answered her, "you'll be going on vacation."

"Vacation my ass. Ya'll want me out MY house. I've just been allowed back into it. What the hell are ya'll up to?"

I looked at Beau and he sighed before he spoke, "we can't say but we need you somewhere safe. Out of harm's way."

"Does this have anything to do with that woman who came in here and tried to kill Alicia?" she asked and we both nodded. She looked at the ticket in front her, "all expenses paid and spending money?"

"Yes mam." We both answered.

"Well it will be nice to see your family again Beau. It'll be nice to be on the ranch again. I could also do with a break." She picked up the ticket and looked at it. "Well whatever the hell, ya'll are up to? I just hope it aint illegal."

We didn't answer her but she let it go, "so when am I leaving and who's taking me to the airport?"

"You're leaving tomorrow morning and I'm taking you. My car's fast so you won't feel the drive." Beau answered.

Her eyes widened, "tomorrow? I still got stuff to do and then I must pack..."

I interrupted her, "Aunt Diane. The sooner you leave the better. Cos when you come back, things are going to be back to normal."

She then glared at me, "is that so? I hope for your sake Wayne and the state cops are going to be lenient on you. Ya'll are up to something dangerous again. It's probably a good thing I'm going away. I aint gonna be questioned by cops."

"We'll be careful. We always are." Said Beau.

She snorted but got up, "well if ya'll will excuse me. I've got packing to do. I'm going on all expenses paid vacation. I'm so lucky to have the two of you in my life. The benefits I reap."

She walked away and I looked at Beau and nodded. Now I don't have to worry 'bout Aunt Diane. I'm just glad she'll be out of harm's way.

It was my week off and Aunt Diane had left already.  Beau and I were sitting in my room going through the information he found out.

I was busy looking at the crime scene photos Beau was able to get and I understood why Wayne couldn't tell me anything. I picked up one photo and I was glad I had good gag reflexes.

It was gruesome. There wasn't much blood in her cell. She was actually found still lying in bed. The covers were over her body. They thought she was sleeping. It wasn't until they noticed blood dripping from her bed. (Yeah those damn mattresses are thin). I looked at her facial expression and you could still see the shock on her face. Her eyes and mouth were wide open. She woke up.