Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I woke up early-ish and started making breakfast. I was in the kitchen busy frying the bacon when I felt an arm around my waist. I then felt a kiss on my shoulder. I subtly turned my head to smell his breath. I smelt the mint toothpaste. He learns fast.

"Good morning Wayne." I greeted.

"Thanks it is a good morning. You know what will make it better?" 

"And what's that?" I asked already knowing.

"A kiss. I brushed my teeth." He said.

I turned around and gave him a kiss. We pulled away and his hands went to my hips.

He smirked at me, "you look good in my kitchen."

I rolled my eyes, "thanks. Excuse but I'm smelling the bacon." I pulled away and saved the bacon before it could burn. 

At that moment Byron came in looking worst for tear.

I smiled at him, "good morning Byron how'd you sleep?" 

He was holding his head and looked at me, "what's so good 'bout this morning?"

"Aint no one tell you to put a fish to shame." Wayne said. Put a fish to shame? Oh drinking like a fish.

I noticed Byron glaring at Wayne, "you were pretending to drink the whole time?"

Wayne folded his arms and shook his head, "nah I was drinking. I just took my time." 

Byron rolled his eyes, "whatever! Licia do have a cure or concoction for this?"

Before I could speak Wayne spoke before me, "why would you ask her that? What are you trying to say?" he sounded offended.

Byron put his hand up, "it aint like that. I know she came up with something at the bar, for very drunk people."

Wayne was glaring at Byron and I decided to speak, "Byron, I actually made something for you. But you're first gonna have to drink some water and an aspirin." 

I had already prepared it but first gave him the water and aspirin. I then gave him the concoction. He drank it. He said thank you and I took it from him. I looked at Wayne and he was glaring at me. I put the glasses in the sink and went back to the stove.

"How you guys want your eggs? I asked, both of them said sunny side up. I made a gag face. I don't like runny egg yolks. 

"Why you pulling your face like that?" Wayne asked.

"It's nothing." I replied.

"You sure?" 

I sighed, "Yeah I'm sure. There's coffee, pour yourself some."

I was now sitting on the bank of the lake while Wayne was busy fixing his rod. I offered to help but he was in a mood. I looked at my water boots and old trousers I wore when I worked at the work shop. I sighed and laid down. I closed my eyes and decided to listen to nature's sounds.

The birds were tweeting, the insects making their noises. I felt the sun against my skin and smiled. I then heard breathing and opened my eyes. The devil was glaring at me again.

"Why you glaring at me?" I asked.

"I don't know you tell Me." he said.

I frowned, "how would I know?" 

He rolled his eyes, "never mind." He got up and walked away. He then tossed his line and started reeling. 

"Mustard on the beat, hoe." My phone rang Roy. I answered.