Chapter 12

Chapter 12 

A/N 

Warning! Sexual content.

It was Thursday and I was sitting in the living room, waiting for the cops. Aunt Diane was sitting next me and was being fidgety.  

We then heard a car pull up and the gate opened. We waited for the knock. The knock and I went to go open the door. I saw Detective Johnson and Byron with him. I greeted them and let them in. when he passed me he looked at me with intrigue. He wanted to say something but Aunt Diane spoke. 

"Good morning detective, Byron. How ya'll doing?"  

They answered her and she told them to come sit in the living room. She then left to go fetch a tray with lemonade and biscuits. We took our seats and I explained what happened yesterday. 

Detective Johnson had a head of grey hair and looked old for his age. It's the stress of the job. He was very sympathetic listening to me as I started crying. He was also there that day when my parents got shot. He was very supportive throughout my life. Out of the cops in this town he was the only one I didn't have a problem with. Maybe Wayne too. 

I decided to ask about Jayden, "Detective Johnson what's gonna happen with Jayden?" 

He sighed heavily, "Can I light a cigarette?" Aunt Diane nodded. He lit it and took a long drag and blew the smoke slowly. "I can't say anything now but it aint good Licia. It aint good. I'm glad someone else is taking over this case. Cos I just can't." 

We nodded and I thought to myself. They might trial him as an adult. "Anything new about Brycen?" 

He shook his head and I felt so sad. Jayden's so young. 

I then noticed they both looked nervous. Detective Johnson then spoke, "so you going to the city Alicia? How long you going?" 

"Two weeks." I answered and they both looked even more nervous.  

Detective Johnson sighed heavily, "you better enjoy yourself and behave. You've got loved ones to come back to."  

I looked at Aunt Diane and nodded. I turned back to him and saw they both wore knowing looks at me. Okay. 

"I'll behave. I'm going for training so I doubt there will be any time for fun." I said. Detective Johnson nodded and smiled. 

They greeted us and got up to leave.

It was late afternoon and I decided to get ready. I made some effort with my appearance and now I was ready. I decided to wear jeans, a tight purple laced blouse and black heels.  

When I walked out of my room Aunt Diane laughed, "Honey how is Wayne supposed to concentrate with you looking like that?" 

I didn't tell her. I frowned at her, "Wayne? How does he fit in the picture?" 

She rolled her eyes and snorted, "Honey please. It's so obvious everyone knows already. You think detective Johnson was referring to me, when he spoke about loved ones?" 

I nodded and she laughed again, "Alicia you're 26 but you're still naïve." I was a little offended by that statement. I told her I had to go and left.  

As I was about to exit the door when I saw Wayne stood there in a white shirt and blue jeans. The jeans were tight around his hips and it was doing things to me. I looked up and smiled nervously at him. He was grinning at me.  

He came forward and gave me a hug. I looked around saw people in the street were watching us.  

He then whispered, "I've got the message loud and clear."