Chapter 29

Chapter 29

...I looked at the shower door with clouded vision.

A black figure behind it caught my eye and I froze when the shower door opened slightly.

Wayne however mistaken my silence for something else, he then picked me up by my legs and started thrusting deeper and faster. I gasped in surprise and unknowingly closed my eyes. I could hear myself gasp loudly and struggled to open my eyes. His warm body and his groaning wasn't helping much either. 

I eventually came and soon after, so did he. I opened my eyes and saw the shower door was closed. Wayne who was oblivious to what just happened, kissed my cheek and held me tightly in his arms.

"We'll definitely be doing that again." he whispered and smiled at me. I smiled as well but felt guilty as it wasn't how I really felt. He didn't seem to be suspicious and I carried on with my façade. 

I was now lying in bed and listening to Wayne's breathing. He wasn't in his deep sleep yet and knew if I got up now, he'd wake up. I waited patiently and eventually his breathing was even. I slowly got out of bed and got dressed. I got my phone and went to get my gun out of his safe. I looked and him and saw he was still asleep. 

I went out of the room and called Beau.

He picked up and groaned, "what is it? Why you calling me at this hour."

"Someone was in Wayne's house. I can't say much now but I'ma need you to come get me. I'll tell you everything when you get here." I answered.

"Cop lover sleeping? You wanna sneak out?" he asked.

"Yes.  Now come quick please. I'll get you down the street."

He sighed, "can't you wait till tomorrow? Do you even..."

"No! Come now." I ended the call and opened the front door. I quietly left the house. I started walking and saw wet footprints on the porch going down the pathway. I followed and got down to look at them.

It looked like a man's shoe. I saw no brand printed on the sole but it looked like a boot. I looked around for more clues but found none. I took a picture and groaned when the sound went off. Stupid! I got up and quickly made my way out of the yard. I walked down the street and looked around. I then heard the engine and saw Beau stop at the next street. I ran up to him, got in and he drove off.

"This better be good for your sake cos your cop lover aint gonna like the fact that you snuck out of the house." Beau said and frowned at me.

"Well I've got good reason too. Someone was in the house."

"What make you thinks so?"

"You can figure it out for yourself what we were doing, but we were in the shower and I saw the shower door opening. I somehow closed my eyes and when I opened them again. The door was closed."

"Maybe you're imagining it. I've read somewhere your mind can play tricks on you when you're in that state of mind. All those hormones..." His tone was teasing and I glared at him. He was however looking at the road so he didn't see me.

"I know what I saw." I said firmly.

"So what we're gonna do now that couldn't wait till tomorrow?" Beau's house. 

"We're gonna break into Charles' house." I said. 

He pressed the brake, "What? A Cop's house? Are you crazy?"

"Just go. I have my reasons." I said and he started driving again. I put my phone on silent and looked ahead with determination.