Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Taking a deep breath. I pushed the door open. I'm greeted with the familiar smell of stale beer, smoke and greasy food. Bad country music is playing in the background again tonight. The people were laughing and talking. As usual someone's shooting pool.

I see one of the patrons look in my direction and all of the sudden everyone goes quiet. Okay this is awkward. I sigh heavily and just as I was about to walk to the back, someone yelled.

"Hey Licia! It's good to see you." I noticed it was Jiggy and I smiled.

"Thanks." I reply.

"For someone who was shot by their boyfriend's ma. You look good." another patron says and I just shake my head.

"I had a vest on guys and she's a bad shooter." I reply.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

Timmy approaches me and gives me hug, "how you really doing?" he asks.

"I'm doing good under the circumstances." I answer truthfully.

He nods in understanding and asks, "And Wayne? How's he doing?"

"I'm trying to figure that out myself. If I do I'll let you know." I answer him.

Yeah Wayne's been a bit disconnected after what happened with his mother and Charles. I had expected it actually. Truth be told. I would've been more concerned if he wasn't.

Timmy patted my back and walked me to the counter. He spoke to Chantel, "whatever she wants it's on the house. Ya hear?"

She rolled her but nodded. She turned to me and gave a genuine smile, "so what can I get you today? The usual?" I nodded and she went to go fetch me a beer. She went to the faucet and poured me a beer. She came back and gave to me.

"Wait for me. I'ma pour myself a drink and we're gonna make a toast." She said.

I waited, "so what we gonna toast to?"

She pondered and then smiled cheekily, "to you for getting rid of Charles."

"I'll also cheers to that." Jiggy said and lifted his glass up. I then realised everybody in the pub had their glasses up and we made a toast.

I took a sip of my beer and looked around at everyone who took a sip of their drinks and were happy. After an hour or so, I frowned when I saw the familiar face sitting at the table in the back again. I knew why he was here. He was rubbing his hands and I looked around. The coast was clear.

I got up and took my beer. I walked up softly and whistled. He nodded and gestured to the seat in front of him.

I took a seat and started to speak, "hey, I was actually going to contact you soon."

His eyebrow rose, "really? You don't really contact us. We contact you."

I nodded and started stroking my glass, "yeah I know. But I just felt that I needed to ask you a favour."

He rubbed his hands, "and what would that be?"

I took a sip of beer before speaking, "you leave Charles and Wanette alone. Let the justice system take care of them."

He folded his arms, "you sure about that?"

I nodded, "yes."

He nodded, "okay we'll respect your wishes and we understand as well. Just remember Michael's not going to like this."

I folded my arms, "yeah but it's my decision. As much as they wanted me dead. I don't want them dead. So leave them be. I don't ask for much but I ask for this please."