Ten

Groaning, I walked down the hallway, stretching my arms above my head.

It was close to curfew and I had just gotten back from Felix' dorm, making my way down the hallway of the girls side of the common rooms.

I was tired, I was exhausted and I felt like crying.

This time, there was no aftercare whatsoever and if I didn't get cuddles after sex, I got in a bad mood.

Felix had fallen asleep right away and then I left.

I yawned and turned to open the door to my dorm when it opened right at the same time and as Fred stepped out, I quickly stepped back.

His eyes landed on me and he offered me a faint smile.

"Hey."

Inhaling, I pushed my hands into the pockets of my robes.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "You aren't allowed down here."

"What? Are you gonna tell your boyfriend on me?" He grinned. "Get me into trouble with the headboy?"

I sighed and tilted my head.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his grin fading and a frown appearing on his face.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes." I said through gritted teeth before gesturing towards the dorm. "Why were you in there?"

He glanced back at the door before looking at me again.

"Martha'a been pretty upset since her detention with Umbridge." He said. "I was trying to cheer her up."

"Oh—" I glanced towards the door and went to push past him when he grabbed my arm with one hand and placed his other hand on my waist.

I looked up at him and he quickly cleared his throat as he let go of me again.

"You are—" I took a deep breath. "...what are you doing?"

"What am I doing?" He asked. "I asked you if you were okay and—"

"I am okay."

"You're eyes are reddish and puffy." He pointed out. "Your face is slightly red as well. That's a sign you're about to cry."

I sighed and stepped back until my back hit the opposite wall, and I folded my arms over my chest.

"We've known each other for six years and I don't know why, but you don't see me as your friend when I see you as mine." He said. "I trust you, I'd help you out with anything you need, and I'd even listen to you rant about your boyfriend if that's what you need."

I looked down at the floor and closed my eyes to keep my tears back.

"He's asleep right now." I said. "He didn't say one word to me once we finished. He just... went to sleep, didn't cuddle me... nothing."

Taking a deep breath, I looked up at Fred who was leaning against the opposite wall, listening to me talk.

"I'm just overreacting." I laughed. "We've been back here for almost a week and it isn't until now that he's being an idiot. He's probably stressed from being headboy and having all of these responsibilities."

"Being stressed doesn't excuse being an arsehole."

I shrugged.

"I don't know." I chewed on my lip. "He was lovely during the summer and now he's... he's easily upset and I feel like he's just been using me for my body after we've gotten back at Hogwarts."