Eighteen

"It's so frustrating!"

Once again, Fred was watching me pace back and forth while I ranted about Felix and Alicia.

"How am I supposed to spend the next eight months watching them act like a married couple?!" I exclaimed. "Didn't it mean anything? Didn't I mean anything?! How can he move on so quickly with somebody else? How can he—"

I stopped, placing my hands against my knees as I took a deep breath.

"He moved on while we were together." I whispered to myself. "I'm such a fucking fool."

I laughed at myself, straightening up while staring at the nearest wall.

"How did my brother have those pictures?" I asked, realisation slowly hitting me. "Carter owled them to me and they're a year old so how does he suddenly have access to them? Did he take them? Has he known since it happened?"

"You think your brother would do that?" Fred asked, and I turned to look at him.

"No." I shook my head. "But he sent me the photos, Fred. There wasn't a note. Just the photos. How did he get them?"

Fred grabbed onto my skirt, pulling me closer to him and I had to hold onto the wall to not fall.

"C'mere." He tugged me down towards him and I lowered myself until I straddled his waist.

He ran his hand along my jaw before he leaned in and kissed right under it.

"You can write your brother in the morning." He whispered, kissing his way down my neck and at the feeling, I closed my eyes, tilting my head to one side to give him more access. "You smell of vanilla."

"Do I?" I chuckled. "That's ironic."

"Ironic how?" He whispered against my skin, using one hand to keep my head tilted to one side, his mouth attacking every possible spot on my neck. "Larch may be vanilla but you sure aren't, love."

"And how can you be so sure?"

Fred kissed his way up to my jaw before he moved his face away, grabbing my jaw and forcing me to look at him.

"Because you're my dirty little whore." He said quietly and smiled in satisfaction of my reaction.

My lips parted at his words and suddenly I had a second heartbeat.

"You long to be fucked, don't you?" He whispered against my jaw. "Hard... you bent over and me holding onto your hips while I fuck you."

I dug my nails into his shoulders as he kissed my neck again.

"That's a promise." He said and looked at my face again. "But right now there is one thing I can't get off my mind."

"What's that?" I asked softly and looked down at him.

He smirked.

"Go sit against the door." He gestured towards the door to the cupboard that was across from him, and after looking at him, I stood up and backed up towards the door.

I slid down to sit, straightening out my skirt.

"I want us to have a safe word." He said. "There're a lot of fucking things I want to do with you and I know that when someone gets frustrated, they may shout no without actually wanting it to stop."

"A safe word?" I asked.

"Yeah." He shrugged. "You use it if there's something you don't like, something that makes you uncomfortable."

I inhaled sharply.

"Okay... what would the word be then?"

Fred's eyes scanned my face as he thought about my question. He brushed his fingers through the front of his hair before the corners of his lips tugged into a small smirk.