Ninety-five

Later that night, I went to bed early. I was tired and sleep was my only way of escaping.

Though I woke up only a couple of hours later when Fred rubbed my shoulder, crouched by the bed while whispering my name.

"Hey pretty." He smiled when I opened my eyes, and he brushed some hair out of my face. "You need to get up."

"What?" I asked. "Why?"

"We have to get you to aunt Muriel." He said, which caused me to frown as I sat up.

"What's going on?" I asked as I could hear everyone rushing downstairs.

"Harry's at Hogwarts." Fred told me. "It's time for us to go help but I'm not gonna leave you here alone."

I stared at Fred for a moment before shaking my head.

"No. I'm coming with." I said, pulling my legs over the edge of the bed.

"That's not a good idea—"

"Why not?"

"Well, for starters, you don't have a wand." He said. "You haven't learned wandless magic and even if you did, you've just been through hell so I wouldn't say you're stable enough to fight a war. This is going to turn bad, Kai."

I stared at him. I couldn't believe what he was saying. He didn't want me to participate. He wanted me to just stay back and wait while he could be dying or something.

"Don't leave me with your racist aunt." I laughed. "Freddie, c'mon... just because I was held captive for a month with a psychopath, doesn't mean I'm unable to fight in a war!"

Fred sighed, hitting his fist against his lips as he stared at me. He looked upset that I wasn't letting it go. He really didn't want me to be part of it.

"That's exactly what it means!" He raised his voice, and I flinched. "Shit... fuck, Kai look at how you're reacting if someone raises their voice. This is going to have you completely freak out."

I shook my head.

"How are we getting there?"

"No, Kai you are not—"

"Since when are you the fucking boss of me?" I asked. "You do not get to make decisions for me! You can't keep me locked up like some fucking hostage and have your way with me!"

The room went silent as Fred and I just stared at each other, and then I noticed that Bill stood in the doorway to the room.

"Uh... we're about to leave." He said. "But if you have to discuss something first, I can give you five minutes?"

"No." I said, staring at Fred. "We're done. We've already decided. I'm coming with."

"You— oh..." Bill raised his eyebrows at me and I stood up. "You're okay to do that? You don't have a wand."

"So?" I asked. "One of you must have some fucking spare wand that I can use."

Fred ran his hand over his forehead as he stayed crouched by the bed but after a moment, he stood up.

"Fine." He breathed, looking at me. "We're flying by broom."

"Fleur's got an extra wand." Bill said. "We're leaving in four minutes."

He left the room and I looked at Fred who stared at me.

"Can you leave?" I asked. "I need to get changed."

Sighing, he nodded and walked out without another word.

I changed out of sweats and into something a little more comfortable. Some trousers and a jumper.