✧ avengerassemble117

We interviewed AvengerAssemble117 , the winner of Action / Adventure Category with their book 'Assassins'

• • •

What inspired you to start writing?──────

I have been writing basically my whole life. When I was little I would write tiny stories and I've just kept writing as I've grown up. I write because well, these stories are a part of me. A very vital important part. And they're in my brain, so I let them out with my words. Words flowing onto paper. Releasing these ideas, stories, characters and bringing them to life. And if I don't write my stories, who is going to?

What time of the day do you usually write, and why that time?──────

I usually write before 11 A.M. or in the evening. But if I have an idea i jot it down. Those are just the times my words flow smoothest

Do you have a favourite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?──────

I love so many of my characters so much. Each of them are either an aspect of me that I like. Or a friend of mine who means so much. Or based off on someone I admire greatly. I'd have to say that Blaire from Just Puzzle Pieces, Agent 107 from the Assassin, Sage who is from a book I haven't published yet. And Annalise from a joint book called Hybrids are some of my favorites!!!

Who has been the biggest supporter of your writing?──────

My friend Franny without a doubt. She has read basically all my books, all the rough drafts, seen my art, has a character based on her in many of my books, and she's always so supportive of everything that I write. A lot of what I write I write or continue the story for her.

What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?──────

There are so many authors that I love and look up to like Suzanne Collins, J. K. Rowling, Rick Riorden, and so many others. But I'd have to say Veronica Roth, I admire her writing style and books so much! I and feel like I could learn a lot from her.

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal, and why?──────

I don't really have one, but I do think that a lot of my books have an aspect of hope, rising from the ashes and struggling through fire, so I would probably say a Phoenix if I had to choose one.

Do you think someone could be a writer if they don't feel emotions strongly?──────

I guess that's a hard decision. I don't know how good their books would be without the emotion, the fear, love, hurt, friendship, hope, and so many more emotions poured into it. I feel like they could be capable but a book will always feel more real and enthrall the reader more if there are emotions and heart poured into the writing of it.

Name an underappreciated book that you love──────

I really enjoyed the book 'The Last Time We Say Goodbye'. It made me appreciate things in my life a lot more because you never know when they will be taken away! I also enjoyed the Let the Sky Fall series by KOTLC author, Shannon Messenger

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?──────

Hmm... Well, I am currently working on a dystopian trilogy. And also, a novel that I may post a blurb about soon. I'm also working on The Assassin! Each part is five chapters so I'm hoping to do four more parts to have 25 chapters in all! So stayed tuned yall!!!

Finally, how do you celebrate when you finish your book?──────

Well, I've never actually finished a book yet, but I'm hoping to have one done by next July! The only thing I've finished is my short story 'The Final Battle'! But I'll tell you how I celebrate when I get there!!!

• • •

Thank you very much for your time!