✧ livingred

LivingRed
Winning Book : Paint with Me Among the Shadows
Genre Won : ChickLit

• • •

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

HI! My username is LivingRed but I go by Red. I am a stay-at-home mom of three, sitting on a degree in creative writing and English literature. I found Wattpad a year ago and figured why not put some of my writing out there!

What inspired the idea for your book?

Paint with Me Among the Shadows was a book I started years ago. It went from young adult to new adult as I continued rewriting it. I was inspired by creating a story that was unique and shrouded in mystery that depicted struggles with mental illness. I also wanted to bring together two characters that people wouldn't really think would fall in love with each other.

What does the title of your book mean? How does it relate to the story?

Paint with Me Among the Shadows was one of the first things I was set on when I began to write this story.  The title is pretty much a symbolism of Georgie's fight for her sanity and how she learns the truth about her episodes and past, and how Adonis helps her through it. Georgie's episodes are literally shadows in her brain as she blacks out.

Is your main character someone you would get along with? Give your reason(s)

I would be best friends with Georgie! She is very strong, quirky, and funny. I'm not much of a painter but I enjoy watching people paint so I would love to watch her. I put some of myself in her as well like her humor. I would also adore her lack of filter.

If you had the decision to rewrite any of your books, which one would it be and why?

Hahahahahahahahaha! I have literally rewritten every single one of my books multiple times.  Right now, I'd probably say ... And He's Back. It could use some editing and better storytelling and not as much info-dumping.

What book genre is your favorite? Why?

My favorite genre is romance, contemporary, historical, and fantasy. I do also like thrillers and horrors.

If you were to write a spin-off about a side character, which would you pick?

Funny you should ask this, but I am working on a spin-off right this moment and am almost completed with it. The spin-off is Be with Me and it is about Adonis's brother Bones. I wanted to connect two of my favorite series and I really wanted to dive into Bones and his past. I also wanted to give him a strong and compassionate woman to fall in love with and support him. A woman a lot of my readers adore from So She Dances, named Ellie.

Have you ever tried to write a novel for a genre you rarely or never read?

Yes, I am working on one now that is a fantasy romance. It is a series that gets pretty dark and is way out of my comfort zone. I want to push myself as a writer and I really love the idea of building and creating my own world. I'm also trying my hand at historical romances as well.

Do you have any unpublished books or drafts on Wattpad? If yes, why haven't you published it? If no, does it mean you don't plan on writing any books again?

I have soooooo many unpublished books off Wattpad. I am just slowly putting them up, but I am hoping to either get traditionally published or try my hand at self-publishing. I am just taking my sweet time putting them up. I don't really want to dump them all out there at once.

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers?

I am! I am working on two books, Be with Me and The Scythe's Reaper. I worked on both of them for NaNoWriMo and have switched my focus on Be with Me for the next couple of weeks since it's almost completed and has more readers :)

Share a photo – favourite place, favourite food, favourite animal, etc.

F I N D  •  T H E  •  A U T H O R
TikTok - @LivingRed2