✧ khionewrites

khionewrites
Winning Book : A Game of Love and Deceit
Genre Won : Romance
Actual Genre : Romance

• • •

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

Hey! I'm just your average teen who loves video games and anything books (particularly fantasy). I initially came to Wattpad to read fan fictions (where I then went on to write one myself -- it's done quite well all things considered.)

What inspired the idea for your book?

I always love the premise of Kiera Cass' "The Selection". I thought combining it with the Hunger Games and reality show 'Love Island' would make an interesting book.

What does the title of your book mean? How does it relate to the story?

"A Game of Love and Deceit" encapsulates all elements of my book. Of course, it's a 'game of love', however, there are also elements of 'deceit' (betrayal, sabotage, killings, etc.)

Is your main character someone you would get along with? Give your reason(s)

Probably not -- and not because she's mean or anything. She's just very... strong-minded. I'd probably be too intimidated to talk to her lol.

If you had the decision to rewrite any of your books, which one would it be and why?

None, really. Funny you ask that though -- because I did a big re-write of AGoLaD before submitting it to the contest. The world used to be far too similar to the Hunger Games world. I changed it up to my own and I couldn't be happier with the results.

What book genre is your favorite? Why?

Fantasy, fantasy, fantasy. I can't get enough of it.

If you were to write a spin-off about a side character, which would you pick?

Sabrina's sister, Delilah (who of which is going to be the MC of the second book.) I guess you could say I already have the spinoff planned out.

Have you ever tried to write a novel for a genre you rarely or never read?

I'm currently trying to write one about a CEO and his attraction to a female street fighter. I've personally never read anything like it, but it seemed like a cool concept to write about.

Do you have any unpublished books or drafts on Wattpad? If yes, why haven't you published it? If no, does it mean you don't plan on writing any books again?

Yes, actually. It's called 'Lady Of Queenstrial." I initially tried to base off Red Queen and The Selection but it was far too unoriginal to work. Still there though.

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers?

Yes. I'm currently working on another book, called 'The Alpha's Mate'. (No, it's not cliche. I just used that title to be favoured by the wp algorithm.) It's essentially about a girl who gets turned into a very rare breed of werewolf and gains the attention of the alpha. She has a lot of potential with her abilities, if only she can master her untamed gift...

Share a photo – favourite place, favourite food, favourite animal, etc.

My pet Oscar!! (Don't mind the tea colour of the water. It's just tannin from the log)

 It's just tannin from the log)